View Full Version : Wisbar Advance for PPCPE

PoweriPaq
07-19-2004, 07:03 PM
I noticed after installing Wisbar Advance and when I miss a call or received an SMS, and I don't have the notification enabled, it doesn't notify me the information I needed. If I enabled the Notification, then the (i) icon is there all the time eventhough I didn't miss any call or receive sms. If I do receive an sms, and I don't tap on the (i) icon, then I won't know I have an sms or even a miss call.

Is there a wisbar advance that is compatible with PPCPE? If I don't use wisbar, whenever there is a miss call, it would show the miss call icon. If I receive an sms, I would receive an envelope icon. Not this way with wisbar.

Janak Parekh
07-19-2004, 08:28 PM
The last time I checked, Wisbar was not compatible with the notification area on Pocket PC Phones. That's one of the reasons I've never used it, and stuck with Pocket Plus instead.

--janak

Chris Spera
07-22-2004, 04:38 AM
The current version of WisBar Advanced (v. 13.2.2.x) does NOT include this functionality. The Signal Strength icon IS dynamic. The signal bars grow and shrink on my Samsung i700... however, the Static Notification is just that... static.

I use the latest version of WBA 1.3x and am constantly tapping the Nofication icon to see if I have any missed calls or voice mail. Its not the gratest, but it works.

Chris McKay, the author of WBA, is working on the Core of WBA 2.0, which will be used in the Phone Edition version that he has planned. WBA 2.0 is in beta right now. After WBA 2.0 is released, Chris will begin working on the Phone Edition version. Until the, you can use the current version of WBA, and tap the static icon like I do...

I have no idea what the release time frame is for WBA-PE.