View Full Version : Do you browse the internet from your Pocket PC?

Southway
07-19-2004, 04:01 PM
I use it daily, with WiFi at home it's more convenient to pick up the iPaq to get the TV Guide or tomorrow's weather then to wake-up the PC.

Pete

netboy_my
07-19-2004, 04:03 PM
Yes I do. I have wifi at home and office. When I'm out, there's wifi in my local cafeteria and my phone is bluetooth-gprs ready. It does come in handy in many times. :)

Stephen Beesley
07-19-2004, 04:12 PM
Most days I pop into my local McCafe and do a spot of surfing before work. Just check the forums and read some emails that sort of stuff. Maybe a bit of a chat if any of my contacts are online with msm Messenger.

I hope to be getting broadband at home soon in which case I will probably put in a wireless AP and do some couch surfing :D

Janak Parekh
07-19-2004, 04:44 PM
As you may have noticed, the polls aren't really editable. :( You might want to edit your post, delete the poll, and recreate it.

As for me -- I don't do it that often, and when I do, I primarily check scores and weather. The reasoning is simple: I'm usually in front of a computer with a web browser whenever I need to access stuff. ;)

--janak

newst
07-19-2004, 06:13 PM
I spend a lot of time on the road where I don't have access to a WiFi hotspot. I use a CF-2031 Compact Flash wireless modem and Sprint to access the internet often. It's not as fast as WiFi but I haven't been anywhere yet where it doesn't work.

rugerx
07-19-2004, 10:37 PM
I use it some, its more of a novelty than anything else.
PIE is not ver good, and makes it tough to read some sites...

mrkablooey
07-19-2004, 11:25 PM
i do every now and then (wi-fi in the house, and GPRS/Bluetooth on the road) but not often.

Darius Wey
07-20-2004, 04:21 AM
If I'm in my bedroom, I'll let the Bluetooth do all the work with my internet connection on in the desktop in the office. While sometimes I do think the internet access on my PPC is a novelty, sometimes I fully appreciate it and make good use of it if I can't be bothered walking over to the desktop.

Rob Alexander
07-20-2004, 04:55 AM
I played with it a bit, but really found little satisfaction in surfing with such a small screen. If I want to surf the Net away from my desk, I grab my laptop. I see what you mean about the weather reports and TV Guide, but I have weather reports downloaded to my PPC on every sync anyway, so seeing them live isn't really much advantage. And I use Tivo on my TV, so I don't need another online TV guide.

juni
07-20-2004, 05:12 AM
That is the only way I browse these days...wirelessly on the sofa..a cappuccino in one hand :).

This also means I will need a VGA device as soon as they are out and I can afford one (which also means I will start doing VGA skins when I get such a device). :)

But for now PiePlus will have to do.

maximus
07-21-2004, 01:56 AM
During office hours, the combination of PDA + GPRS and Laptop + GPRS are my primary methods of connecting to the internet these days.

Thanks to the unlimited GPRS plan for IDR 25,000 a month (That is around USD 3 a month). Woohoo. :D

Kowalski
07-21-2004, 09:55 AM
so people kill their free time by playing games but i prefer reading something. i use rss reader often when i am on the road or have some free time outside and access the internet over gprs.

dean_shan
07-21-2004, 04:28 PM
Not so much using the Internet on my PPC but IMing. It's nice to be able to pull it out and see who's on and send a quick message. Being able to move between rooms and still be talking to someone is nice too.

i_spock
07-21-2004, 06:40 PM
I have a 3 year old child so browsing via the PPC is a godsend for me. He doesn't like it if I'm on the computer and we're not at the pbs kids or nickelodeon site playing games :-) I find it's much less disruptive to our family time since the PPC attracts my son's attention (i.e. making him scream for the Dora website) much less than my laptop. I guess he's just used to me constantly having the PPC in my hand... :-)

I also surf for a good 1/2 hour or hour in bed before I fall asleep, and I do have gprs via my SE T616 which is nice to have on the rare occasions when I'm out in public, by myself, with time to kill. Actually I'm looking forward to having access to packers.com this fall while watching games at the bar...