View Full Version : Send files via Bluetooth???

kahchong
07-19-2004, 02:22 PM
I am currently having a HP IPAQ h4150 pocket pc with Bluetooth Wireless technology.

May I know if there is any way that I can send files to a remote device with Bluetooth (eg. Handphones, PPCs, PCs)?

Using the ppc file explorer, when I choose the desired file, tap & hold, I noticed that you can only 'Beam File' using IR but not sending file via Bluetooth.

I hope you can tell me how to solve this problem.

Kah Chong.

Darius Wey
07-19-2004, 03:14 PM
You can set up a File Transfer connection in your Bluetooth Manager.

From here, you can simply connect everytime you want to send a file, and choose from the list of files on your PPC - tap and send, it's as simple as that.

Alternatively, you can also set up a network using Bluetooth and use the OBEX Object Push method to beam files across devices. Resco File Explorer (the updated version) features full on-demand Bluetooth support.

kahchong
07-23-2004, 04:12 AM
I got problems sending files to handphones, the one you told me only works with ppc to ppc, or pc only.

Darius Wey
07-23-2004, 06:15 AM
You may have to try pairing devices in order for it to work. Also, check the configuration settings on your phone. I've managed to send files to Bluetooth phones and it has worked fine. Ensure you have enough memory on the phone to accept the file as well. This is a common problem people often overlook.

collegea
07-24-2004, 01:36 PM
I have an IPAQ 4155 and regularly send contact data via Bluetooth to my Palm Zire 72 and Sony Ericcson T610 by going into the Pocket Informant contact program, holding down with my stylus the contact I want to send, tapping "Extra" , then "send via Bluetooth". Works like a charm.

I regularly send photos from my Zire 72 to my Ipaq 4155 via the Splash Photo program on my Palm. I tend to only install programs on my handhelds that are Bluetooth compatible.

I find that the Logitech Mobile Bluetooth headset is real clear and comfortable.

I like Bluetooth.