View Full Version : Handango Yardstick for June 2004 Released

Jonathon Watkins
07-19-2004, 04:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.handango.com/pdf/HandangoYardstick_June2004.pdf' target='_blank'>http://www.handango.com/pdf/Handang...ck_June2004.pdf</a><br /><br /></div><i>"The 2004 June edition of the Handango Yardstick reports the average selling price of mobile downloads by category and the most-searched for terms on more than 100 download portals. This month’s edition also divulges the top five phones and PDAs adding software and digital content. Finally, the report includes a list of the ten best-selling applications and ringtones." </i><br /><br />You can get the full report <a href="http://www.handango.com/pdf/HandangoYardstick_June2004.pdf">here</a>. (Note it's in PDF format so you'll need Adobe Reader. Anyone at Handango heard of a great new technology for transferring information, called HTML? ;-) ) For Pocket PCs the top ten selling programs are as follows:<br /><br />1. Spb Pocket Plus<br />2. Battery Pack Pro<br />3. FlexWallet <br />4. Pocket Informant<br />5. PocketBreeze<br />6. Journal Bar<br />7. Chopper Alley<br />8. Agenda Fusion<br />9. Stocks & Weather Today<br />10. DVD to Pocket PCThe list seems pretty much as I would expect. Lots of system utilities, financial & personal information management programs and the odd game. Interesting that a DVD converter is in the top ten. How does the list look to you guys?

ctitanic
07-19-2004, 04:43 PM
Check the link... you have an extra . there

pschultz
07-19-2004, 04:45 PM
Sometimes I question Handango's ranking system. For example, PocketBreeze is a fairly new program. I somewhat doubt that it would be on the Top Ten list already.

Janak Parekh
07-19-2004, 04:49 PM
Thanks, fixed.

For example, PocketBreeze is a fairly new program. I somewhat doubt that it would be on the Top Ten list already.
Actually, it isn't that new. PocketBreeze is an evolution from a prior product -- Calendar Plus Pro -- and it is indeed popular.

--janak

jonathanchoo
07-19-2004, 04:50 PM
Sometimes I question Handango's ranking system. For example, PocketBreeze is a fairly new program. I somewhat doubt that it would be on the Top Ten list already.

SBSH renamed Calendar Plus Pro to PocketBreeze, hence the high sales. Great product.

DVD to PocketPC is something people can do themselves with a little bit of video editing experience. I can't imagine people paying to convert DVDs to DivX or WMV when there are tons of user friendly converters around.

Dave Potter
07-19-2004, 05:05 PM
Seems pretty accurate to me. Especially since I own 4 of the top 10 apps.
As for PocketBreeze - this is not a new app but rather a new name and version of an app called CalenderPlus.

Jonathon Watkins
07-19-2004, 06:29 PM
Thanks, fixed.

Hmmm, musn't post tired. :morning:

Ta.

Sven Johannsen
07-19-2004, 07:54 PM
I can't imagine people paying to convert DVDs to DivX or WMV when there are tons of user friendly converters around.

Mind listing some of these user friendly converters. Keep in mind that DVD to PPC has me insert the DVD, select the file, select the compression (1 of 2) and hit go. I come back later and the wma is on my desktop. There are options to tweak, but I don't ever have to see them if I don't want to. That's my standard of user friendly.

Interesting that Handango lists it as a DVD Viewer. I wasn't aware of any PPCs with DVD drives :)

DinarSoft
07-19-2004, 11:53 PM
Well,
Our HandyMenu was in the top ten for more than 5 month and it's not in "this" list.

PocketBreeze, FlexWallet2005 ...etc have been in the top ten for less than a month but they are in "this" list.

Maybe this list is just a snap shot of the current top 10

amitregev
07-20-2004, 06:59 PM
Well,
Our HandyMenu was in the top ten for more than 5 month and it's not in "this" list.

PocketBreeze, FlexWallet2005 ...etc have been in the top ten for less than a month but they are in "this" list.

Maybe this list is just a snap shot of the current top 10

I'm pretty sure this is not a snap shot of current top 10 because PocketBreeze never climbed up to 5th place, we went up to 6 place.

Most chances this reflects more then just sales on Handango because our sales also grew tremendously on other sites like PocketGear and Pdassi. Along with forum members growth from 400 pre the PocketBreeze release and today we have almost 6000 forum members....

dommasters
07-20-2004, 10:38 PM
Pocket Breeze is a totally awesome app and deserves to be there. Will be interesting to see the shakers and movers when Handango change from listing by volume to listing by revenue ....
Dom
PS If you ever want to sell the rights to PocketBreeze let me know ! Have used it since the early days when it was free/developmental... Would give you a good price :)

amitregev
07-21-2004, 04:35 PM
Selling 100% of the rights is currently not my plans - but I'm always happy to discuss. email me to [email protected] and I will be glad to hear more what you had in mind 8)