View Full Version : Life, The Universe and Everything - What Year?

ctmagnus
07-19-2004, 01:10 AM
My electronuc copy of THHGTTG has a few glitches in it. In chapter two, when Arthur and Ford land in the cricket pitch it says it's 198-. What number is - supposed to represent?

Janak Parekh
07-19-2004, 01:50 AM
Actually, I think that was originally 198-. There are indeed glitches (I have the same set), but I think the point was to make that a noncritical (or nonmemorable) year... unfortunately, I don't have a print version to check here.

--janak

Pat Logsdon
07-19-2004, 01:50 AM
My electronuc copy of THHGTTG has a few glitches in it. In chapter two, when Arthur and Ford land in the cricket pitch it says it's 198-. What number is - supposed to represent?
I'm almost positive it's that way in all of the versions - maybe he was being vague on purpose?

ctmagnus
07-19-2004, 02:37 AM
Ah, thanks. ;)

Ryan Joseph
07-20-2004, 04:26 PM
I'm almost positive it's that way in all of the versions - maybe he was being vague on purpose?

It is. It really bothered me for a while...I thought I had a bad copy. Then I got one of those big "all books in one" editions and it had the same thing. It still bothers me a little, but now I understand it as part of the humor. :mrgreen: