View Full Version : PocketMusic or Pocket Player ?

babykaye
07-18-2004, 11:18 PM
Which one do you like better? PocketMusic or Pocket Player? I'm still having trouble on which one to purchase, either PocketMusic or Pocket Player. They're both really nice. Which one will you recommend? Thanks

Kati Compton
07-19-2004, 12:22 AM
Topic moved from the Software forum to here.

billyevil
07-26-2004, 03:14 PM
You may also want to consider TodayPlayer as well. It's a very nice player that is fairly easy to skin to match your current today themes.

http://www.todayplayer.com/

ironguy
07-26-2004, 04:42 PM
I would suggest you look even more at players. I have pocket music and it's nice, but there are other players, some free, that are good also. Have you checked GSPlayer? It has a 10 band eq, adjustments for Surround, Reverb, BassBoost and you can save them. It even has a sleep timer. It's also free. PocketMusic has some nice skins and all that and GsPlayer is rather simplicity itself, but if you want a good player without the visual frills, check out GSPlayer.

sqaccord
07-27-2004, 02:22 AM
Where can you find the GSPlayer?

billyevil
07-27-2004, 04:24 AM
Gsplayer can be downloaded at this site:
Gsplayer Website (http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA032810/)

Features
- MP3 playback using the MAD 0.15.0b
- Ogg Vorbis playback
- Wave format playback
- HTTP streaming playback (MP3 / Ogg Vorbis)
- SHOUTcast streaming playback (MP3 / Ogg Vorbis)
- ID3 v1/v1.1 support
- PLS/M3U playlist support
- 10 bands equalizer (MP3 playback only)
- Surround / Bassboost effects
- Reverb / Echo effects
- Skin support
- Hardware button mapping
- Noiseless playback (See decoder tab in options dialog)
- Sleep Timer
- Hold (Lock hardware buttons)
- PocketPC / PocketPC2002 / WM2003 / WM2003SE support
http://img68.exs.cx/img68/6634/gsp3.jpg

babykaye
07-27-2004, 06:28 AM
Thanks guys...I will look into it

Kowalski
07-27-2004, 09:56 AM
i use windows media player for mp3 with today screen plug in and beta player for divx. there is a desktop encoder called pocket divx encoder which has afew optimizations for beta player, i am getting excellent results on my 2215

trading-grey
07-27-2004, 08:57 PM
I just downloaded the GSPlayer but I cannot point it to my music files. How do I build a playlist? Any assistance would be appreciated!

Zack Mahdavi
07-27-2004, 09:04 PM
I recommend Pocket Player, especially if you want to stream internet radio. Of all the players out there, Pocket Player in my opinion has the best support for this.

maikii
08-02-2004, 08:31 AM
I would recommend neither, but a great new freeware media player, absolutely free, plays both movies and music. Has the strange name of "Betaplayer".

You can find it at www.corecodec.com , follow links to Betaplayer. Read the forum for it.

THe latest stable version (0.4) doesn't yet support WMV and WMA. However, the author has beta versions posted (called "unstable versions", don't be putt off by the name), that as of 7/25 also plays WMA and WMV.

OskiO
08-09-2004, 03:02 AM
Anyone help with this??? I downloaded the Free copy of PocketMusic. They ask for a free registration code but when I go to their site to find the free code I don't see anything about the free player except the free player download link.

Any help??? Anyone have a code that would work?

C