View Full Version : Compare the VGA PPC specifications

Duncan
07-17-2004, 11:16 PM
Not sure which VGA Pocket PC you want? Wish you had the facts at your fingertips to help you think?

Follow the link below to find a picture and a table comparing the known hardware specs for the: Asus a730 (dual wireless version)
HP iPAQ hx4705
Fujitsu-Siemens Loox 720i.e. all the known upcoming VGA dual-slot/dual-wireless Pocket PCs.

Having compiled the info from every source I could find (meaning I'm about as certain as I can be that the specs are accurate and as complete as we know) for my own interest - I thought I'd share the fruits of my research.

Link - http://www.firstloox.org/VGAppc.htm

IceCaveman
07-17-2004, 11:29 PM
Thanks, just what I needed! Will read this tonight.

antipex
07-18-2004, 01:24 AM
Unfortunately it's a good idea, but the page doesn't follow design standards and looks awful in Mozilla Firefox. (i.e. everything is out of place and it's totally unreadable). If you need any help, let me know ;)

Janak Parekh
07-18-2004, 01:25 AM
Thanks (although you should have submitted this!)... I've queued it up for a frontpage post tonight.

--janak

Duncan
07-18-2004, 01:49 AM
Unfortunately it's a good idea, but the page doesn't follow design standards and looks awful in Mozilla Firefox. (i.e. everything is out of place and it's totally unreadable). If you need any help, let me know ;)

Umm...

This was just a few minutes work (posting it up) so not really intended to have a polish but -

1) It shows up perfectly fine in Mozilla 1.6, Netscape and IE 6 - I don't run Firefox but I can't help but feel it must be an issue with that browser.

2) It is, in the end, merely my personal Excel spreadsheet (built-up over a few weeks) - with a few explanatory notes added - and saved as a webpage. As such it may have some MS proprietary stuff in it - but, as I said, the two major non-IE browsers aren't choking on anything...

I'm just grabbing a copy of Firefox to have a look - if it looks like something simple I'll fix it - otherwise I can only suggest firing up IE.

Janak Parekh
07-18-2004, 02:05 AM
Whoa - it looked perfectly fine before, when the table was very wide -- now it's horribly broken in Firefox after the table was reformatted into multiple pieces. Duncan, try doing a shift-Refresh in Moz and see how it looks...

Update: I refreshed a few times and it looks fine now. Refreshing further randomly breaks and fixes it. Weird! :| I wonder if this is a rendering bug in Firefox or something really wrong in the HTML?

--janak

Duncan
07-18-2004, 02:15 AM
It's Firefox. In Moz 1.6 it works perfectly every time. In IE it works perfectly. In Firefox it was broken first time I tried, but refreshing made it look fine, then it was broken again.

Must be an issue with Excel formatting?

If anyone can't get Firefox to render it right - I've taken a JPG snapshot of it which is here: http://www.firstloox.org/vgappc.jpg (c. 85K)

dh
07-18-2004, 02:30 AM
Thanks for the info Duncan. Your page works fine for me in IE on my Thinkpad and Opera on my Zaurus.

The HP is still the one that appeals to me.

Chucky
07-18-2004, 02:32 AM
Yeah it is an issue with Excel formatting, ms have never been known for producing good quality html/css ;)

But if I get a spare moment I can clean up the HTML for you, otherwise as you said - just you ie :D

Duncan
07-18-2004, 02:35 AM
Out of curiosity I did a search and found a few reports of Excel problems in Firefox (not to mention Java and quite a few more) apparently due to the browser being overly strict (doesn't tolerate 'dirty' html - which I'm sure an Excel based webpage must be full of!). Ah well!