View Full Version : New PPCPE out there?

wizardmaster2k
07-17-2004, 11:14 PM
Hey all, been a while since ive been here. I have a moto MPx200 and miss the PPC traits. What is the most recomended PPC phone out there. I dont want an 800 dollar devise, just something decently fast to run games, movies, internet, ect; and can be run on T-Mobile GSM. Size is a factor, dont want it to be huge, and all I need is the ppc phone, no service. So if you would, please point me in the right direction, or tell me of future products that may be pleasing :)

thanks all!

Janak Parekh
07-18-2004, 12:52 AM
What is the most recomended PPC phone out there. I dont want an 800 dollar devise, just something decently fast to run games, movies, internet, ect; and can be run on T-Mobile GSM.
Today? Probably the XDA II/MDA II, which has a 400MHz XScale, 128MB, Bluetooth, and SDIO. You can get it unlocked from one of several places. Several new devices are also on the verge of coming out, so you should watch for those.

--janak

Chris Spera
07-18-2004, 05:47 AM
AGreed; but if you can wait to make a purchase, the Motorola MPx (MPx300) should be out before the end of the year, and its supposed to be the holy grail of PPC-PE devices with BT, Wi-Fi, WM2003SE, dual hinged screen, QWERTY keyboard, etc.

I'm getting one when its released. I can't wait!

Kowalski
07-18-2004, 11:24 PM
audiovox 4100 has good specs and decent price compared to other pocketpc PE devices. you can see the details on www.infosyncworld.com

Janak Parekh
07-19-2004, 12:17 AM
audiovox 4100 has good specs and decent price compared to other pocketpc PE devices.
My big problem with the Audiovox is that it doesn't have Bluetooth. On the other hand, it does support the US GSM 850 band, but since he's on T-Mobile (who doesn't carry either phone and doesn't use the 850 band) I'd still go for the XDA/MDA II.

--janak