View Full Version : Hidden Files?

rez13
07-17-2004, 09:04 PM
Hi there,
I've just bought a 2210 and am messing about with it. I've downloaded Pocket Plus and put that on (trial version).

My question is this: can you set a folder to be hidden? If I do Properties on a folder in File Explorer I can tick the "hidden" checkbox, but on clicking OK I get the message "Cannot to set new attributes for 'pix': Access is denied. Make sure memory is not full or write-protected and the file is not currently in use" I am trying to do this on a CF card, btw.

If you can't set a folder to be hidden then can you password-protect individual folders? Thanks for any help/insights.

ppchaser
07-19-2004, 09:48 AM
I am afraid you cannot hiden a folder or file in PPc. If you want to protect file your create you can use 3rd party software such as encrypt in Resco Explorer, private disk of Utimaco Safeguard PDA, etc.

Darius Wey
07-19-2004, 01:20 PM
I am afraid you cannot hiden a folder or file in PPc. If you want to protect file your create you can use 3rd party software such as encrypt in Resco Explorer, private disk of Utimaco Safeguard PDA, etc.

Actually you can hide a folder or file on the PPC. I do it all the time with Pocket Plus, but only on the main built-in storage memory. Unfortunately, I know what you're talking about rez13. I've tried to hide files on the memory card and it doesn't do it. I've been meaning to look into this but haven't got round to doing it. I know for sure that if you have a memory card reader/writer on your PC, you can hide files from there. So give that a go.

If you want a free encrypter, you can try the one from AirScanner. It works well and has very good encryption tools at your disposal.

If I have any updates to that issue about hiding files on external storage cards, I will post it here. :)

rez13
07-19-2004, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the replies.

This is weird. I copied a file off the PPC to my PC, set the Hidden attribute there, then copied it back onto the PPC (CF card). And it was hidden, viewable from the "View all files" option.

I then created another note, moved it to the CF card, and was then able to set it to be Hidden on the PPC. Was this just a glitch the first time (prev post), or has the fact that I've put a hidden file on the CF card allowed me to create other hidden files on the card now? Confused.