View Full Version : Auto BackLight Settings for 4155

baker
07-15-2004, 06:28 PM
http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/autobacklightforhpipaq415xppc.shtml
Seems to work well for me and it is free. When your device is powered by a cord, it turns the backlight to high. When un-powered, it goes to your device settings for battery.

Kowalski
07-16-2004, 09:19 PM
this setting is included in my 2215. i thought the applet exists in all HPs?

Sven Johannsen
07-17-2004, 02:51 AM
Nope, not on the 4155. You just get the option of whether you want to turn the back light off after a number of minutes, fo internal or external power. No option to have different brightness depending on power source. Silly isn't it. I have a 2215 too, and a number of what you think would be fairly standard control applets are dramatically different.

Kowalski
07-17-2004, 05:54 PM
silly isn't it ?!
how come the engineers of HP dont put this usefull applet to 41xx series?
by the aid of this setting i increase my runtime from 4 hours to 6 hours just using half the full brightness and the screen is still fine.
you are lucky that a third parity solution exists but i am sure that most of 41xx owners will not be aware of this program and wont be able to use this option to increase runtime

Sven Johannsen
07-17-2004, 11:41 PM
silly isn't it ?!
how come the engineers of HP dont put this usefull applet to 41xx series?
by the aid of this setting i increase my runtime from 4 hours to 6 hours just using half the full brightness and the screen is still fine.
you are lucky that a third parity solution exists but i am sure that most of 41xx owners will not be aware of this program and wont be able to use this option to increase runtime

To tell the truth, the 4155 is so much brighter than my 2215, it stays on half bright all the time. With the assorted today screen add-ins that can get you to the backlight applet quickly, or even let you adjust right from that screen, it's not that big a deal for it to auto dim on battery, or not.