View Full Version : Storage Card

Abba Zabba
07-15-2004, 05:40 PM
My ipaq 4155 soft reset and is now asking me to format the memory card :evil:. Is there anyway for me to format without losing all my data? i have no memory card reader and am away from my computer . :(

ccgurganus
07-15-2004, 06:03 PM
Not sure what you mean about formatting and no memory card installed. My iPAQ 5550 wrote "hidden" files to my SD cards and gobbled up the memory. The 5550 DOES NOT include a formatting utility so I had to purchase 3rd party software (Flash Format) from Cnetx in order to regain the maximum memory on my SD cards.

I am not aware of any way to format SD cards WITHOUT losing all the files on the card. Defragging is different but that does not restore memory.

ADBrown
07-15-2004, 06:12 PM
My ipaq 4155 soft reset and is now asking me to format the memory card :evil:. Is there anyway for me to format without losing all my data? i have no memory card reader and am away from my computer . :(

Try removing the card and reinserting it. If that doesn't work, try removing it, soft resetting, and reinserting the card. If THAT doesn't work, I think you'll have to wait till you're near to a card reader.

yankeejeep
07-15-2004, 06:26 PM
I used to have this problem from time to time with my Jornada 568 and its CF memory cards. Without exception, removing the card, soft resetting, and then inserting the card again would make everyone happy.

Abba Zabba
07-15-2004, 08:02 PM
I used to have this problem from time to time with my Jornada 568 and its CF memory cards. Without exception, removing the card, soft resetting, and then inserting the card again would make everyone happy.

I've tried the whole removal of the sd card and soft reseting, but the problem is still there. I also tried reseting with the sd card left inside but that didn't work either. I hope someone else has a better ides what to do, But thanks anyway :|

Darius Wey
07-16-2004, 10:24 AM
Are you sure your card is not corrupted? If not, it might pay to head to a computer store and pick up a memory card reader/writer. They're very cheap nowadays (usually ~$20). It pays to have one nearby and hopefully, this can solve your problem.