View Full Version : Dumb IPAq

ce1hyman
07-14-2004, 09:19 PM
My IPAQ 2215 has stopped accessing the "My Documents" folder on my storage card(s).
I have both compact flash and SD. It does however recognize the cards. It defaults to main memory "My Documents" folder even when I click on a file on my storage card using file explorer. Help! This means I am unable to use my storage cards for my large document files! :cry:

dh
07-14-2004, 11:27 PM
I've not delved into this for ages, but I seem to remember that sometimes a file called "ignore my docs" appears on memory cards and that it makes this sort of thing happen.

Since you clearly don't don't want to ignore the my docs folder, see if this file is on your card and delete it. It doesn't do any harm to get rid of the file, so you won't mess anything up if this doesn't solve the problem.

baker
07-15-2004, 03:10 AM
Quoting Mr. Hansberry from a previous old post: "If you didn't have a My Docs file on your MD when you stuck it in your iPAQ, the iPAQ created an Ignore_my_docs hidden file. Create a \My Documents\ folder, then delete that hidden file from Windows Explorer."