View Full Version : What happened to teck N toys?

jasondearyou
07-14-2004, 05:53 PM
Is pockekpcthoughts not supporting teck N toys anymore? Why Amazon?

Sparks52
07-15-2004, 02:46 AM
Could have something to do with it appears they have become an unreputable dealer. They don't seem to process orders, answer their phones, or reply to emails.

Yeah I'm a little bitter.

Jason Dunn
07-15-2004, 04:37 AM
I'm not linking to Tek 'n Toys to give them some time to get their house in order. They went through a lot of growth very fast, and had some painful issues come as a result, and they're trying to recover and get back in the game.

jasondearyou
07-15-2004, 08:16 PM
Just one matter of concern here. thoughts is a pocket pc centric site, amazon is not, shouldn't mobile planet for example be a more viable site, or another great pocket pc and accessories site should be sought after?

just a point of view.

Jason Dunn
07-16-2004, 01:37 AM
shouldn't mobile planet for example be a more viable site

Good point, but it's only temporary. :wink:

Jon Westfall
07-16-2004, 06:28 AM
I wish tekntoys hadn't experienced this seeming collapse-under-own-weight problem. They had a nice format, decent stocked items as well.

Jason Dunn
07-16-2004, 06:36 AM
I wish tekntoys hadn't experienced this seeming collapse-under-own-weight problem. They had a nice format, decent stocked items as well.

They're making a comeback and we will be partnering with them again in the future when things settle down a little.

ddevilx2
08-13-2004, 04:48 PM
I was a huge supporter of Tekntoys until i finally got screwed over by them. I was one of the first to order a backpack from them in January. Of course I was immediately charged for the full price of the backpack. After 6 months of waiting I decided to cancel the order. I was of course told it would be shipping to me in 2-3 days (this was like the 4th time i'd heard that song and dance). Jody said a refund would go right out. 2 weeks later, their website is down, no emails returned, etc. A week after assuming I was totally out of luck, their live 'support' comes back up. Adam informs me that their company never charged my credit card upfront so there would be no refund. I go and get proof with my statement that they charged me and emailed it as told over a week ago. No reponse yet again and now live support is down again. I hope that you don't ever attach your name to them again Jason as it will only tarnish your reputation. I"m going to be calling my credit card which will probably laugh at me since it's been 7 months now.
As an aside, i've tried, email, live support, and their phone # is dead again

ddevilx2
08-28-2004, 03:59 PM
If anyone has a valid phone # for these jokers I would appreciate it - they still owe me a promised $150 as a refund for the backpack they never sent from January. They do a good job of stringing you along until even your credit card company cannot do anything it's been so long. Anyone else get stuck in the same boat?