View Full Version : Problems with Pocket Informants web site

huangzhinong
07-13-2004, 05:24 AM
alex, what's wrong with your website? very slow. :D

alex_kac
07-13-2004, 06:08 AM

Hmm. Shouldn't be. CPU is at about 15% utilitization right now and net traffic is pretty low right now too. Seems fast to me right now - one thing that could be slow is we are doing some log processing right now and that's using up a lot of DNS time so that th DNS server isn't responding quickly right now.

huangzhinong
07-13-2004, 06:17 AM

Hmm. Shouldn't be. CPU is at about 15% utilitization right now and net traffic is pretty low right now too. Seems fast to me right now - one thing that could be slow is we are doing some log processing right now and that's using up a lot of DNS time so that th DNS server isn't responding quickly right now.

Are you sure? I just tries www.pocketinformant.com. Loading the first page took 5mins and 20 secs, with all pictures missing.

Fishie
07-13-2004, 06:20 AM

I was just checking your post RIGHT NOW and noticed you use the words RIGHT and NOW quite often and always in a combination with eachother, first RIGHT which then is immediatly followed by NOW forming the statement RIGHT NOW.

Intresting.

:mrgreen:

Boxster S
07-13-2004, 06:30 AM

Are you sure? I just tries www.pocketinformant.com. Loading the first page took 5mins and 20 secs, with all pictures missing.

Loaded in 3 seconds for me

ctmagnus
07-13-2004, 06:39 AM
Works for me.

Plus, WebIS Money (http://www.pocketinformant.com./p_money.php) is free for all current WebIS product owners! 8)

huangzhinong
07-13-2004, 06:49 AM
Works for me.

Plus, WebIS Money (http://www.pocketinformant.com./p_money.php) is free for all current WebIS product owners! 8)

It's really weird. I still can't visit www.pocketinformant.com. I can go any other website. The problem has been there for 4 days. maybe just for me. :oops:

alex_kac
07-14-2004, 05:40 AM

After you wrote that I asked a few people to test it - on IM - around the country. They all said it came up quickly. My guess is something between your router and mine.

alex_kac
07-14-2004, 05:44 AM

I was just checking your post RIGHT NOW and noticed you use the words RIGHT and NOW quite often and always in a combination with eachother, first RIGHT which then is immediatly followed by NOW forming the statement RIGHT NOW.

Intresting.

:mrgreen:

I tend to use a conversational style in my chat and forum messages and sometimes repeating words when I'm trying to make a point. Looking back I used to not do that so I can only guess that I do it from some sort of evolved manner of customer interaction - i.e. trying to be more approachable instead of corporate.

huangzhinong
07-14-2004, 06:11 AM

After you wrote that I asked a few people to test it - on IM - around the country. They all said it came up quickly. My guess is something between your router and mine.

The problem is still there. All our schools computers can't access your website.(I tried 4 labs and 1 library). I can visit it in my home. Guess our school server messed up DNS or blocklist.

Steven Cedrone
07-14-2004, 04:32 PM
Posts split from here:

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29919&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Steve

huangzhinong
07-15-2004, 06:02 AM
Finally works now.