View Full Version : Outlook contacts system and how it appears on PPC

Darius Wey
07-14-2004, 06:04 AM
Hey all.

Back from a 2 week skiing holiday and need to get back into the frame of mind again. I was just wondering if anyone knew a remedy for this problem:

If you use Outlook for your contacts and sync with your PPC, I'm sure you'd notice that there are many fields in the contacts system on the PC that do not appear on the PPC. For instance, if I was to enter some data into the "IM address" field of a particular contact on the PC, it wouldn't appear on the PPC merely because the PPC Outlook was not designed to have an "IM address" field appear due to its basic functionality. The same goes for custom-designed fields. For instance, I've created a field called "ICQ" so I can enter people's ICQ numbers. But because PPC Outlook cannot handle custom-designed fields, it does not show it.

Does anyone know of a workaround for this, or some software that will show all of the PC Outlook's fields as well as custom-designed fields? Thanks.

Pony99CA
07-14-2004, 11:35 AM
If you use Outlook for your contacts and sync with your PPC, I'm sure you'd notice that there are many fields in the contacts system on the PC that do not appear on the PPC. For instance, if I was to enter some data into the "IM address" field of a particular contact on the PC, it wouldn't appear on the PPC merely because the PPC Outlook was not designed to have an "IM address" field appear due to its basic functionality. The same goes for custom-designed fields. For instance, I've created a field called "ICQ" so I can enter people's ICQ numbers. But because PPC Outlook cannot handle custom-designed fields, it does not show it.

Does anyone know of a workaround for this, or some software that will show all of the PC Outlook's fields as well as custom-designed fields?
I'm not sure if this will work, but you might check PocketExtra Contacts and PocketExtra Synchronizer (http://www.syware.com/prodlib/win_ce/pocketex/pocketex.htm).

Steve

Darius Wey
07-15-2004, 09:25 AM
Thanks! I'll give it a shot.