View Full Version : Just Installed A New Battery in My iPAQ 3765

Rainman1976
07-13-2004, 02:13 AM
For anyone who has an older iPAQ with a non-removable battery, this is the product for you!!! I'm sure most of you have heard of this, but I just want to give my 2 cents on the product.

My iPAQ 3765's battery was not holding it's charge anymore. Once I recharged it, the battery would be dead in an hour or less. I found an ad in the hardcopy of PocketPC Magazine for a retailer at www.pdainternalbattery.com. Here, they were selling iPAQ 3000 series batteries for $39.99 (not including shipping). For this price, it included a 1700 mAH battery (I think the OEM battery is 850 or 900 mAH), instructions on how to replace the battery, and the tools to perform job.

I have to say, it took me only 2 minutes to replace my battery. You just remove the 4 screws, pry open the case, disconnect the battery from the board, and pry the battery loose from the glue. I put the new battery in and used the leftover glue to hold it in place. Replaced the cover and charged it for 3 hours. Now the iPAQ 3765 runs great!! I did this on Friday and my wife has not had to recharge the battery at all over the weekend. Albeit she didn't use it heavily, it still was at 100% this morning!!

I would highly recommend this retailer and battery for anyone with a 3000 series iPAQ.

Sven Johannsen
07-13-2004, 03:00 AM
I'm surprised it worked at all. You forgot to reconnect the new battery :wink:
remove the 4 screws, pry open the case, disconnect the battery from the board, and pry the battery loose from the glue. I put the new battery in and used the leftover glue to hold it in place. Replaced the cover and charged it for 3 hours.

This is a real easy way to breath new life into an old PDA. The trick though is to discover this just after you have bought the replacement PPC. :D

Rainman1976
07-13-2004, 03:22 AM
I'm surprised it worked at all. You forgot to reconnect the new battery :wink:
remove the 4 screws, pry open the case, disconnect the battery from the board, and pry the battery loose from the glue. I put the new battery in and used the leftover glue to hold it in place. Replaced the cover and charged it for 3 hours.

This is a real easy way to breath new life into an old PDA. The trick though is to discover this just after you have bought the replacement PPC. :D

Actually, that did happen. My wife bought me the 2215 as a father's day gift. Then I discovered the battery online for the 3765!! That's ok, as you said, it was a great way to breath new life into not just an old PDA, but a trustworthy one for me.

My wife had a Clie that she barely used. Now with the iPAQ, she does everything with it. Says she loves the Windows environment much more.

As for reconnecting the battery, it just magically did it for me hehehe. :wink:

Sven Johannsen
07-13-2004, 04:21 AM

Actually that was the hardest part when I did it for a friend. Had a dickens of a time getting the tiny connector to seat right.

Rainman1976
07-13-2004, 06:05 PM

Actually that was the hardest part when I did it for a friend. Had a dickens of a time getting the tiny connector to seat right.

It wasn't that hard for me fortunately. The connecter easily snapped into place.