View Full Version : PockePCs With Built-in GPS

jglev
07-10-2004, 05:51 PM
Well, it now looks like there are three PocketPC units that have built-in GPS function. The first one was the Mitac Mio 168 and now it appears that there are two new one that are based on the Mio 168 and re-branded. These are 1) the Mio 168, 2)the Navman PIN and 3) the soon to be released SkyWalker GPS-500. The only difference that I can tell is the mapping software that is included with the unit.

The Mio 168 has Destinator 3; the Navman PIN uses Navman's SmartST; and the SkyWalker uses Space Machine’s PocketMap Navigator.

I am interested in buying one of these, but not having used any GPS in the past, I am not sure which one has the best software. I tried to fugure this out by reading their web sites, but I am still not clear. I was wondering what people thought of the different software packages for these PocketPC.

Thanks for your help,

Pony99CA
07-10-2004, 09:22 PM
I am interested in buying one of these, but not having used any GPS in the past, I am not sure which one has the best software. I tried to fugure this out by reading their web sites, but I am still not clear. I was wondering what people thought of the different software packages for these PocketPC.
For GPS reviews, one of the best places to check is GPS Passion (http://www.gpspassion.com).

Steve