View Full Version : How do make my IPAQ 5400 talk?

johnathanIPAQ
07-09-2004, 03:53 PM
Can someone please tell me someway to make my IPAQ 5400 talk?? I would like it to say meeting? etc

Robb Bates
07-09-2004, 05:49 PM
Try Microsoft Voice Command (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/downloads/voicecommand/default.mspx). You can talk to it and it will talk back. :agrue:

Robb

johnathanIPAQ
07-09-2004, 06:23 PM
I dont see a demo version

Robb Bates
07-09-2004, 06:32 PM
You are correct, there is no demo. I believe Handango will give you a refund if you're not happy with it. I think that only works with programs that don't have a demo. But don't quote me on that. Check out Handango's policy. www.handango.com

Your other option is to check out reviews on the software.

I think it's fantastic. It's obvious that there is room for improvement. Right now, for me, it's a great piece of software. The voice recognition is quite good. No training is involved. The speech quality is very good too. Too bad MS didn't include a general text-to-speech application. It'll only speak your appointments, music tracks, and a few other things. I use it almost primarily for the Program launching and Contact look up. I don't use the other features.

It's pretty expensive, but if you subscribe to PocketPCThoughts, you can get a discount from Handango. You'll have to decide if it's worth it for you.

Robb

johnathanIPAQ
07-09-2004, 06:48 PM
volume is very very low??

Robb Bates
07-09-2004, 07:04 PM
Turn up the volume. I have to have mine on max volume to hear it in my somewhat noisy office.

Robb

johnathanIPAQ
07-09-2004, 07:16 PM
I got it for 39.99. can it read me my open tasks?? or just meeting??

please let me know how you use it?

also if this the only board for pocket pc???

Robb Bates
07-09-2004, 07:32 PM
This is not the only board, but probably the best.

Read the user manual first, and then if you still have any questions, come back here.

Robb

johnathanIPAQ
07-09-2004, 07:38 PM
can it tell me open tasks??

also can you tell me some other boards?? email me at [email protected] if you dont want to put it here

Robb Bates
07-09-2004, 07:49 PM
can it tell me open tasks??

No. Please read the user manual. It would have answered that question.

also can you tell me some other boards?? email me at [email protected] if you dont want to put it here

I don't have a problem listing them here. Everyone here is very open about the PPC community. I just don't visit very many others because this one is the biggest and best in my opinion.

www.brighthand.com is really the only other one I can think of off the top of my head.

Robb