View Full Version : ActiveSync your SD card...

OskiO
07-09-2004, 04:11 AM
Is there a way to use ActiveSync to sync a folder on your desktop to your SD card in your iPaq. I know I can use FileSync if I use a card reader but I would like to be able to just save or autosave large files and have them automatically transfer to the SD card while it is in the iPaq and on the cradle.

Thanks,
C

Janak Parekh
07-09-2004, 04:33 AM
Not built-in. :( Take a look at a product like MightySync (http://www.mydocsunlimited.com/html/mightysync.html).

--janak

Brad Adrian
07-09-2004, 07:12 AM
I haven't used MightySync, but don't most of these kinds of tools still require the synched files also remain in the device's internal memory My Documents folder? These solutions work well if my main goal is to simply have the files on my storage card, but the main reason I want to synch to my storage card is to REMOVE large files from my device's internal memory.

I'm not sure if that's possible.

Pony99CA
07-09-2004, 09:21 AM
I haven't used MightySync, but don't most of these kinds of tools still require the synched files also remain in the device's internal memory My Documents folder?
It doesn't sound like that's a requirement. From the link that Janak posted:

Works with your Storage Card (Compact Flash Card, SD Card etc.).
Syncs from anywhere on your Desktop (can also sync from a LAN).
Syncs anywhere on your Pocket PC.

So it sounds like you have anywhere-to-anywhere syncing. :-)

Steve

tanalasta
07-09-2004, 05:15 PM
Mightysync is cheap and although it's not visually pretty, it does the job well and comes recommended.

There is no way to use Activesync with storage cards at the moment. Guess Microsoft have to keep those third-party competitors happy somewhere ;)