View Full Version : PDA suggestions PLEASE...under USD200

rvaccha
07-07-2004, 08:36 PM
Hello,

My Brother wants to buy a PDA. He is currently living in Asia, and wants to order it online and have it shipped domestically within the United States.

He wants to use the PDA for day to day use, e.g. organizer, basic office use, nothing fancy like wireless internet, or phone etc.

Futhermore, he would also like something which is sturdy, yet sleek...he is 22yrs old, and having something that looks 'cool' is very important to a lot of people of that age.l

Any suggestions please...

Thanks
RJ

Sven Johannsen
07-07-2004, 08:47 PM
I'd suggest taking a look at http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/index.php?action=expand,29745&sid=7faa573a7b2e7a37abad8a36699891f2

If it's under $200 you are looking at, the list shortens dramatically. One thing not on it that squeeks under that bar is the Dell X30 (basic) for $199. That is likely because Pricegrabber is a comparison shopping site and you can only get the Dell one place.

Ripper014
07-07-2004, 09:22 PM
According to the front page you can get the Hp1940 for less than $200... it is a functional and slim device.

Robb Bates
07-07-2004, 11:18 PM
One other thing you should consider is what happened to me (and many others I'm sure).

I bought a h1910 for $299 and while I was very happy with it, it didn't offer much expansion capabilities.

One SD slot and infrared... that's it. No bluetooth, no wifi, no CF card, only 16MB of flash memory, not even a simple serial port on the connector (USB only).

If you consider spening a little bit more, for a h2215 for example, you can get bluetooth, a CF card slot and more flash memory. And since it's not an entry level device, it's supposed to get the WM2003SE upgrade.

With the CF slot, you can add a camera, GPS, Wifi, TV, FM radio, CF Hard drive, etc. And the bluetooth opens up several expansion options such as GPS receivers, cell phone connection, wireless PC syncing, etc. You can't do that on the h1910. (OK, with a BT SDIO card you can).

My point is, with many more options for expansion, you're less likely to have to buy a new device once you realize how addictive PPCs are... AND YOU WILL!!! So spend an extra $65 now rather than having to buy a whole new device later.

Robb