View Full Version : Which pda/gps?

rosbif
07-07-2004, 03:17 PM
I have been trying to work out which PDA would be a good buy to replace my ageing Palm Vx. Ideally I fancy getting one with GPS too.

I saw this Medion PPC bundle which has been referred to a couple of times, but I can find little technical info on it:

http://www.rueducommerce.fr/Mobilite-Telephonie/Palm-Pocket-PC/Tous-nos-Palm-Pocket-PC/MEDION/3900-Pocket-PC-200-kit-de-navigation-vocal-Carte-256Mo.htm

This seems a pretty good price. Trouble is I can't work out a couple of things; Does it have BT or Wifi built in? Is the SD slot IO compatible (to add BT) Is there only one slot, so I can only have a map in or another SD card? Can I use the GPS whilst walking?

So many questions! Then I see reference to the Mia PDAs with built in GPS too. Or should I be considering an ipaq and a GPS sleeve? Ideally I do want something that can fit in a pocket - like my Palm Vx...

Thanks in advance!

Janak Parekh
07-07-2004, 09:32 PM
Medion units are only sold in Europe, so you're going to get very few reviews on it. :| Have you tried a Google search on it? You might also want to contact them and/or check their website about review information.

--janak

rosbif
07-07-2004, 09:44 PM
Thanks Janak,

I have discovered they have no BT or wifi so am now looking at a 4150/tomtom combo...

hhcc503
07-08-2004, 05:54 PM
Hi there,
do you know if Medion is shipping the PCC in Holland as well? And how popular the product is?
Thanks