View Full Version : MSN Messenger and T-Mobile

OneAngryDwarf
07-07-2004, 09:36 AM
Using either the free wap or T-Zones is there a way to get MSN messenger to work on a PPC (HP 2215 w/ Sony Ericsson 610)? Its easy for AIM since there is an optionto change the port but I see no such option in MSN... maybe some sort of reg setting or something?

Pat Logsdon
07-07-2004, 04:51 PM
I think you're out of luck with the Pocket MSN app. I have the same setup as you, and the same phone, and could not get the darn thing to work. Then I found two web clients. e-messenger (http://www.e-messenger.net/) works ok with Pocket IE, but due to a caching problem, I found that it crashed or disconnected maybe once an hour, sometimes more. This is with the mobile version, wap version, even the desktop version.

The client that I use every day is msn2go, (http://69.64.38.128/client/) which is a java client. You'll need to use NetFront Access 3.0 (http://nfppc.access.co.jp/english/index.html) with the Java Lite plugin, but it's rock solid. I can have it on all day and it won't drop the connection. Update speeds are very fast as well. Highly recommended. 8)

Sven Johannsen
07-07-2004, 05:47 PM
Not sure what the issue is for you guys, but I am able to use MSN messenger on my 4155 connected through T-Zones on my T610. I have the all you can eat plan.

I had set up a GPRS connection to use with the PPC, and once connected that way I can surf (PIE), get mail, and use MSN messenger. Just verified that to make sure nothing has changed.

I do have the new Pocket MSN thing loaded; the 6mo free trial thing. I was always able to do it before that came out though. You had the occasional Messenger update glitches, but I don't recall even loading that on this 4155. It's either stock or the one that comes when you load Pocket MSN. That, BTW hasn't excited me. So far I get offline Hotmail which I already got with HTTPMail, and Messenger which I already got, and a big waste of space on my Today page, which I didn't need. The Pocket Mappoint thing may be tied to it, but I don't think so.

OneAngryDwarf
07-08-2004, 02:17 AM
I'm assuming the all you can eat plan is the $19.95 one... that plan allows you to use all ports where the free wap and the unlimited tzones one only lets u use 80 and 25 (i think its 25)... AIM has settings so you can choose what port you want to connect to but MSN doesn't contain such options

Pat Logsdon
07-08-2004, 03:40 AM
I'm assuming the all you can eat plan is the $19.95 one... that plan allows you to use all ports where the free wap and the unlimited tzones one only lets u use 80 and 25 (i think its 25)... AIM has settings so you can choose what port you want to connect to but MSN doesn't contain such options
Exactly correct. I'm on the "free" plan with the limited ports as well, and the Pocket MSN client just won't work with it. There are actually 3 ports, but I don't recall off the top of my head was the other one is. Needless to say, it's not one that Pocket MSN uses. :D

Sven Johannsen
07-08-2004, 05:29 AM
Ahh, OK, that makes sense. Yes it's the $20 plan I'm on. Sort of wondered what I was paying for :wink: