View Full Version : Mugen E800 3rd party battery review available at Brighthand!

Altaman
07-06-2004, 11:56 PM
For those that are interested, I have posted part 1 of my review of the Mugen E800 2000mah battery at brighthand. You can get to part 1 HERE (http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=107243)

Alt

Muze
07-07-2004, 05:41 PM
Hi to keep your review thread open (and also because I simply can't register for another forum today), I thought I would ask you some questions here.

Is the 3rd party battery the same size as the larger sized/capacity battery offered by Toshiba? The charger for the e800 has two sizes adjustable for the two battery sizes offered by Toshiba.

Also what's the mAh of the higher capacity Toshiba battery?
thanks

victore
07-07-2004, 07:12 PM
The high cap battery from Toshiba is rated at 2640mAh. The pictures from the Brighthand article (no registration needed to just view) shows that the Mugen battery sticks up just a little bit from the standard battery. According to this link http://www.bargainpda.com/discussion/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6049, Mugen will be offering a 3800mAh battery for $94.

Altaman
07-08-2004, 02:40 AM
Hi to keep your review thread open (and also because I simply can't register for another forum today), I thought I would ask you some questions here.

Is the 3rd party battery the same size as the larger sized/capacity battery offered by Toshiba? The charger for the e800 has two sizes adjustable for the two battery sizes offered by Toshiba.

Also what's the mAh of the higher capacity Toshiba battery?
thanks

The Mugen battery is about 1mm thicker that the standard Toshiba battery, which is not bad when you compare the capacity of the Toshiba to the Mugen. The Toshiba gives you 1340mah while the Mugen gives you 2000mah. The Toshiba extended battery is actually quite thick and covers virtually the entire back of the PDA and clips into the two holes at the top back of your E800.

It is an interesting question you ask about the cradle, as I very rarely ever use the cradle, I never bothered to try it :oops: . The Mugen will require you to put the E800 into the cradle with the stand to the back (Extended battery position) and turned around so that the rise in the stand faces the E800's back when you insert the PDA.

The capacity of the Toshiba extended battery is 2640mah, the Mugen extended will be 3000mah but has not been released by them as yet. I am really hoping that they change the design from the picture I saw, as it does not look to be a very well thought out design. Time will tell!

Take care.

Alt

Janak Parekh
07-08-2004, 03:57 AM
Altaman, thanks for your comments. As a carrier of the brick that is the Toshiba extended battery, I can understand the significance of this release. ;)

Question for you: can you slip the e805 into a "standard battery case" with the Mugen battery? My guess is no, but I'd be curious to hear.

--janak

yslee
07-08-2004, 04:11 AM
OT, but Mugen? What's next? Ralliart and Nismo? =P

Muze
07-08-2004, 03:07 PM
The Mugen battery is about 1mm thicker that the standard Toshiba battery, which is not bad when you compare the capacity of the Toshiba to the Mugen.

It is an interesting question you ask about the cradle, as I very rarely ever use the cradle, I never bothered to try it .

The capacity of the Toshiba extended battery is 2640mah, the Mugen extended will be 3000mah but has not been released by them as yet. I am really hoping that they change the design from the picture I saw, as it does not look to be a very well thought out design. Time will tell!

I guess I hadn't considered the extra heft that an extended battery will add, hopefully the Mugen extended won't be as heavy as I'm hearing the Toshiba extended is.

I thought the Mugen extended was 3800mAh?

Why don't you use the cradle and what do you do to charge your PPC?

Could you point a link to the picture you saw of the extended Mugen? Any specs on the size? thanks for all your helpful info.

Altaman
07-08-2004, 10:37 PM
Altaman, thanks for your comments. As a carrier of the brick that is the Toshiba extended battery, I can understand the significance of this release. ;)

Question for you: can you slip the e805 into a "standard battery case" with the Mugen battery? My guess is no, but I'd be curious to hear.

--janak

Hi Janak:

I can fit the E805 in a standard Belkin case that was made for the E740/750 series with no problems. This case is virtually new and hardly used (not work in)...I stopped using that case when the cheap plasic knob on the back of the case broke for the second time (Belkin had sent me a replacement). I have tried it with the InnoPocket Alumium case and it does not fit, although it may if I did some bending but really don't want to do that.

I am now using the bellagio E80x case and it works just great, however this case is also supposed to work with the Toshiba Extended battery. This is due to stretchability of the latch strap and the sides that the PDA goes into. Oh and it has a METAL knob for the belt clip to hook onto.

Alt

Altaman
07-08-2004, 10:41 PM
I thought the Mugen extended was 3800mAh?

Why don't you use the cradle and what do you do to charge your PPC?

Could you point a link to the picture you saw of the extended Mugen? Any specs on the size? thanks for all your helpful info.

Opps I stand corrected, it is indeed to be 3800mah and here is the link to the photo's:

http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104401&perpage=15&pagenumber=4

Also the reason I don't use the cradle much is that I charge my E800 directly with the cable, and any syncing I do I do via wifi. I hate Activesync in that it always turns the PDA on even after you shut it off.

Alt

epdm
07-11-2004, 07:33 PM
They both look awfull. Djeez... Toshiba's extended batetery may not be as powerfull but it doesn't make this device more ugly.

In that respect I'd rather have Mugen do a 1800Ma which is complete flush with the device than those 2 ugly bitches. For their extended offering they ought to look at Toshiba's one from an eastethicaly point of view.

Regards,

Manu T