View Full Version : Swapping J568 batteries

spiderprof
07-05-2004, 06:47 PM
Everyone,

I am a fairly new PPC person, have been using a J568 with the standard battery since March 2004. I recently acquired the "extended" battery with MMC slot via eBay. So, I am now wondering how to swap batteries. The Users Guide has no info about swapping batteries. So what is the proper way to do this??

I look forward to your enlightenment!

Sven Johannsen
07-05-2004, 10:09 PM
Just pop one off and put the other on...while the device is off. You won't lose anything, unless your backup battery is dead, and it would tell you that. All the PPCs with removable batteries are set up with sufficient internal backup to retain memory for at least a little while as you change batteries. Be sad if you have an HP or a Dell with a second battery charging in the stand that lets you do that, and the PPC were to hard reset when you tried to use that second battery, huh?

Remember that you do need to load drivers to use that MMC slot. They are not native to the 568, but came on a CD with the battery. Also available online at HP.

spiderprof
07-06-2004, 03:47 AM
Sven,

Thanks for the details about battery swapping! I will have to try this tonite (I have a 2nd standard battery at home). And yes, I know about needing to install the driver for the MMC slot - I got the driver from the HP website a few days ago. Now to find a major brand MMC card (e.g. SanDisk) for a reasonable price (a 128mb card ideally)!!!

:D