View Full Version : Synchronisation problem

Fergus
07-04-2004, 02:55 PM
I have just tried to sychronise my 4350 and am being told that all of my Calender items need to be synchronised about 7000 in total. Why? since 99.99% of these items had already been synchronised months ago. Also these items all exist in my ipaq and outlook concurrently so what is Activesync flapping its wings about, :?

Regards
Fergus

Janak Parekh
07-04-2004, 07:49 PM
Months ago? 8O When's the last time you sync'ed?

You'll get this problem if you newly create a partnership on a PC, and data exists both on the Pocket PC and the desktop. ActiveSync doesn't establish a correspondence between records until the partnership is created. The resolution to this is to have the desktop overwrite the Pocket PC or to clear out Outlook before syncing the first time and letting the Pocket PC "populate" the desktop.

(There's also the combine-and-remove-duplicates choice, but that usually ends up in a mess...)

--janak

Fergus
07-04-2004, 10:44 PM
I sync every day, my point was 99.9% of those calendar events were originally synced months ago, (actually files and inbox are suffering the same fate)

Your suggestion dosen't make sense, since a new partnership would detect that syncing would be required for not only calendar, files and inbox but address book, notes, tasks, etc yet its quiet happy with these.

Definitely would clear out outlook since my ipaq has the latest. Think I will contact HP about this as i'm none too happy.

Regards
Fergus

Fergus
07-04-2004, 11:31 PM
Problem seems to have sorted itself and it seems to have been down to a corruption within the outlook express files.
When the dialog window prompting the user whether they wanted to overwrite the handheld, combine the info on device and pc or ? can't remember the third was it leave unresolved? Anyway i choose combine data on pc and device. Then it starts syncing the 9000 or so calendar events (it originally marked as needing syncing) gets only halfway and moves on with the address book, notes, files, tasks etc. completes the syncing without apparently completing the calendar events up to 9000. Then it throws up a problem with one of my contacts called error 8004011b (apparently indicating corruption with some outlook files) so i edit it on the pc side which resolves the problem.
Have done subsequent syncs and all seems to be okay.

Regards
Fergus

Pony99CA
07-05-2004, 02:45 AM
I have just tried to sychronise my 4350 and am being told that all of my Calender items need to be synchronised about 7000 in total.
I know your problem has fixed itself, but 7000 calendar items? 8O

Steve

Fergus
07-05-2004, 08:54 AM
:lol: Yep, 9000 calendar events actually, which means my calendar goes back something like 6 years, don;t ask me why but i like hanging onto this stuff.

Regards
Fergus