View Full Version : Hello from a new pocket pc owner

IHD2
07-04-2004, 11:38 AM
Just got a HP Ipaq h4350 two days ago, and just wanted to say hello to you all.

Steven Cedrone
07-04-2004, 12:50 PM
Welcome to Pocket PC Thoughts and congratulations on your purchase!

Steve

memoreks
07-04-2004, 12:56 PM
While we're at it, I've just joined the PocketPC fold with an HP Ipaq 1930, after a couple of years with Windows Smartphones!

Hi all! =)

Steven Cedrone
07-04-2004, 01:05 PM
Welcome as well! :wink:

Steve

mrkablooey
07-04-2004, 02:15 PM
I joined about a year ago after defecting from the Palm platform.

I have yet to look back.

edit: don't forget to subscribe to PPCThoughts (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/subscribe.php) to save big on all the stuff you'll no doubt be buying for your new PPC!

OSUKid7
07-04-2004, 03:47 PM
Welcome! :)

don't forget to subscribe to PPCThoughts (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/subscribe.php) to save big on all the stuff you'll no doubt be buying for your new PPC!Yep, that's one of the best decisions I've made recently. Saves a ton of Pocket PC software (and some hardware too!).

thinking
07-04-2004, 05:34 PM
I am thinking of switching from my Clie NX80 to a Dell x30. Anyone have any thoughts on this move? I have heard a few stories about multiple re-sets with ppc. Is this a common issue? any other tips/ideas will be appreciated.
thinking

memoreks
07-04-2004, 09:29 PM
Sony are stopping making the Clie range now, so you may find suppport will wane for the Sony Clie range.

I used to have an HP Jornada 525 way back in about 2001, and ditched that for an Orange SPV (or HTC Canary) a few years back, so I have not really experienced the palm stuff.

I can whole-heartedly recommend the HP Ipaq 19** range from personal experience, but people at work have nothing but praise for their Dell handhelds too.

I haven't had to reset my Ipaq yet, and on Windows Mobile for Smartphone 2002, I've only had to hard-reset once, when I was playing with the registry in eVB! ;)

MacBriar
07-04-2004, 09:42 PM
Welcome, you've made the right decision.

Unfortunately you will now discover the obsession/addiction common to a lot of the people using the forums upgrading to latest and greatest model, and convincing yourself that you really need it.

Ewan

Kowalski
07-04-2004, 11:56 PM
so people are complaining about the screen quality of x30, you can read here
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29641
although i didnt have the chance to use one i am sure that x30 is a very good device.

mrkablooey
07-05-2004, 01:37 PM
I am thinking of switching from my Clie NX80 to a Dell x30. Anyone have any thoughts on this move? I have heard a few stories about multiple re-sets with ppc. Is this a common issue? any other tips/ideas will be appreciated.
thinking

It happens occasionally, especially if you're like me and like to load, unload software and "fiddle" with the PPC rather than just "use" it! It's not been a problem though, and I've been using my iPaq 2215 for a year now.

As for the Dell, go for it! If you can get a 2215, you may like it better though, since it has dual slots (CF and SD) but as always, YMMV. :)