View Full Version : Choice between several Toshiba deals

epdm
07-03-2004, 05:59 PM
Hi PPL,

Today I went to a store (it's the bi-yearly sales period now) and noticed several interesting sales.

1) E400 with cabled GPS mouse and software bundle for approx. 400 euro
2) the last E750 also for 400 Euro
3) a last E350 for about 300 Euro

Now I think that between the E350 or E400 deals the latter is the better option. However that E750 seems to intrest me. I had an E805 BT for 550 Euro but it got broken and they couldn't give a replacement nor exchange for a new unit.

Is it still worthwhile to get that E750? BTW, it's the Wifi-model.

Or perhaps I realy should wait for that supposedly upcoming E830? If that'll ever come...

Any comments/ideas/sugestions?

Regards,

Manu T

arnage2
07-03-2004, 06:56 PM
if i were u id take a look at the 624mhz dell x30 (wifi,bt) or the (up and comming) Asus A730 vga 520mhz (bt).

epdm
07-03-2004, 08:31 PM
Hi

The problem is this. I bought in that shop that Toshiba E805 that I broke. But that store didn't have any more in stock to exchange and gave me a refund in the form of a voucher for the amount that I spend. So I have to spend my money in that store. The voucher is for 549 Euro (that's what I paid my E805 BT)

Also that shop (Media Market in Belgium) doesn't sell Asus PDA's. Nor do they sell Fujistu Siemens or Acer. In fact in most shops like that you'll only find the generally known brands like HP, Toshiba, Palm and Sony. I did saw that they had Mitac too. As for Dell that's ONLY available through online channels and therefore out o/t question. The same problem excists in chainstores like FNAC or Exell. Where HP is most to be seen but I dan't want a HP product anymore. They always miss something that I want to have whether it'll be too expensive compared to another model in their range (2210 versus 4150) or ditching functionality (less function buttons compared to the competetion etc...).

I also saw that they had a Sony PEG-TJ35 + GPS deal for about 350 or 400 Euro.

Anyway they apparantly had a large stack of Toshiba E400 GPS bundles and I saw a few "last items" including that afordmentioend E750 and E350. They also had a QTek 1010 but I believe that's not a very good PDA and very outdated compared to the models that I mentioned.

So the question is realy between the models that I mentioned before. I do hope that Toshiba will be sold in this shop after these sales and if that new model arives. If you ppl think that I should wait, ofcourse

SteveHoward999
07-04-2004, 06:23 AM
Forget the E350 ... I had one, it's great, but outclassed by the others.

The E750 is great IMHO - the larger than normal screen makes all the difference. It has SD and CF slots so plenty of expansion opportunities.

But if I had the choice - E750 or E830 **and** knew I could get it, I would wait.

Especially if you liked the 800

Steve