View Full Version : A716 Speaker "popping sound"...

MOrtenstein
07-03-2004, 04:11 PM
Hi,
I only read that the A620 has this problem. My almost brand new A716 has exactly the same problem. There is a popping sound almost everytime the speaker switches on after beeing off some some time.

Since the great ASUS support hasn't replied to my "support mail" :evil: that I wrote 4 days ago (and I thought DELL's customer service is sh**) I wanted to know if anybody else has this problem.

Michael

Janak Parekh
07-03-2004, 05:34 PM
I don't have an Asus, but I can say that earlier iPAQs had a popping problem when the amp associated with the speaker switched on and off (and which it did too frequently). It sounds like there's a similar problem here...

--janak

MOrtenstein
07-05-2004, 03:08 PM
Well, I hope they will fix this problem - I spend not just $2 for this "toy" and customer service did NOT respond for over a week.

But at least my mail automatically moved to highest priority because it didn't get answered within 48 hours... :twisted:

This really sucks - don't they want to sell more stuff to their customers in the future. At least a mail like... "sorry, we have so much work, please give us another week" would be nice. But this sucks!

Maybe I try HP next time I'm in the market for a new PDA :wink:

r_macfarland
08-19-2004, 04:09 PM
Hi, I read your email and my A716 has the same popping sound.
Did ASUS ever figure out a fix for it?

Thanks,
R.

MOrtenstein
08-19-2004, 04:38 PM

Thanks,
R.

ASUS... never say this word again! Worst customer service I ever experienced. My inquiry is still not answered, they simply do nothing! And no, there is no fix and no... I never buy an ASUS PDA again. There are better companies out there. :evil:

r_macfarland
08-19-2004, 05:11 PM

Thanks,
R.

ASUS... never say this word again! Worst customer service I ever experienced. My inquiry is still not answered, they simply do nothing! And no, there is no fix and no... I never buy an ASUS PDA again. There are better companies out there. :evil:

I'm suprised with your response. I email ASUS about the release of WM2003SE and I recieved a reply a few hours later and they answered my question. Maybe I will email about the popping sound and see what they say.

R.

Ripper014
08-19-2004, 08:51 PM
I think there was a system upgrade for you device... check over at PocketMatrix for information...

Also you may want to contact Justin of ProPortables... he is a supplier for Asus... is rather active... you can find him over at PocketMatrix as well as many other boards...

epdm2be
09-07-2004, 01:11 PM
Well if you showed some geniune initiative instead of moaning then you probably would have seen

http://www.asus.com/support/download/selectftp.aspx?l1_id=6&l2_id=1&l3_id=0&m_id=2&f_name=A620Audio.zip~zaqwedc

Or go to the Asus downloads site

http://www.asus.com/support/download/download.aspx

and see what updates they have for 620 and 716 (which are not that different from each other technically). You'll hopefully spot the A620BTAudio.zip.

The first thing I did upon receiving my PDA was to rush over to their site and see what updates they possibly had. I ALWAYS do this whenever I buy something new especially technology stuff.

Now I admit that Taiwan English can be hard to understand ("Improve Snaps sound when play .WAV file" What the heck?). But surely intelligent ppl like you should have reasoned that that particular file had something to do with improvements to the audio subsystem.

Regards,

EPDM

r_macfarland
09-07-2004, 02:41 PM
Well if you showed some geniune initiative instead of moaning then you probably would have seen

http://www.asus.com/support/download/selectftp.aspx?l1_id=6&l2_id=1&l3_id=0&m_id=2&f_name=A620Audio.zip~zaqwedc

Or go to the Asus downloads site

http://www.asus.com/support/download/download.aspx

and see what updates they have for 620 and 716 (which are not that different from each other technically). You'll hopefully spot the A620BTAudio.zip.

The first thing I did upon receiving my PDA was to rush over to their site and see what updates they possibly had. I ALWAYS do this whenever I buy something new especially technology stuff.

Now I admit that Taiwan English can be hard to understand ("Improve Snaps sound when play .WAV file" What the heck?). But surely intelligent ppl like you should have reasoned that that particular file had something to do with improvements to the audio subsystem.

Regards,

EPDM

For one I did check out ASUS website and I actually talked to ASUS support and they said NOT to load the fix that was designed for the 620.

Doesn't matter anyway as soon as I heard that they were not releasing SE for the A716 I took it back and bought a DELL, faster and cheaper with SE.