View Full Version : ipaq just did reset

NiTCOM
07-03-2004, 08:38 AM
I just connect the Ipaq since havent used for a week. I have an raid error but system is still up. How can I reconnect to my old account on my ipaq or is it all lost????

OSUKid7
07-03-2004, 02:58 PM
Most likely all is lost. But you still have backups of all of your desktop files, right? And your data is still on your iPaq, so just resync it. There will be a ton to sync, but it will work. Now if you ever want to reinstall programs for your Pocket PC, you'll have to reinstall the desktop installer first (if you used one).

Pony99CA
07-03-2004, 05:14 PM
I just connect the Ipaq since havent used for a week. I have an raid error but system is still up. How can I reconnect to my old account on my ipaq or is it all lost????
Are you saying that your iPAQ had a hard reset and your PC had some kind of RAID hard disk error? If so, you'll need to be a lot more specific about what your problem is.

If the only problem is that your iPAQ hard reset itself, you can probably restore your iPAQ from a backup (using ActiveSync or iPAQ Backup if you have that).

I won't go into anything more specific until you clarify the problem. There's not much use giving advice about a problem that may not exist. :-)

Steve

OSUKid7
07-03-2004, 05:16 PM
Oh, maybe I didn't understand correctly. I thought you just hadn't used your iPaq in a week since you had a RAID error/corruption on your PC, but the title sounds like you lost your iPaq data too. :|

NiTCOM
07-03-2004, 06:11 PM
Oh, maybe I didn't understand correctly. I thought you just hadn't used your iPaq in a week since you had a RAID error/corruption on your PC, but the title sounds like you lost your iPaq data too. :|

well, the ipaq started of without my usualy login data I had to reassign the screen and so on. when I tried to sync just the guest account showed up. I guess some of the sync data is corrupted on the desktop?
To me all I need to find out if there is still the PocketPC acouunt active in the sync prg. but according to muphys I guess its all gone - is the storage card protected at least? at head no lifesaving data on in fortunately.
I also had it set up that it backup up all the data everytime I synced. still hope??

tell me quick because soon I will have do redo my system (no not again)..

:)

thanks for your quick responses folks!!!

NiTCOM
07-03-2004, 06:11 PM

well, the ipaq started of without my usualy login data I had to reassign the screen and so on. when I tried to sync just the guest account showed up. I guess some of the sync data is corrupted on the desktop?
To me all I need to find out if there is still the PocketPC acouunt active in the sync prg. but according to muphys I guess its all gone - is the storage card protected at least? at head no lifesaving data on in fortunately.
I also had it set up that it backup up all the data everytime I synced. still hope??

tell me quick because soon I will have do redo my system (no not again)..

:)

thanks for your quick responses folks!!!