View Full Version : HP 1945 BIG NOOB QUESTION

legatolemans
07-02-2004, 07:00 PM
OK,

This may seem a little rediculous :oops: , but I have a fundamental question regarding the HP 1945.

How do u shut it down correctly?

Usually, when I press the power button once, it seems like it goes into a standby mode, not shutting off completely.

Also, when I do not use it for long amounts of time, the device resets itself, and I have to reconfigure it when I turn it on again.

I'm sure this is not a difficult question to answer. Thanks in advance.

Steven Cedrone
07-02-2004, 07:36 PM
OK,

This may seem a little rediculous :oops: , but I have a fundamental question regarding the HP 1945.

How do u shut it down correctly?

Usually, when I press the power button once, it seems like it goes into a standby mode, not shutting off completely.

Also, when I do not use it for long amounts of time, the device resets itself, and I have to reconfigure it when I turn it on again.

I'm sure this is not a difficult question to answer. Thanks in advance.

Hit the power button, that's as "off" as it's gonna' get! The pocket PC does not turn off like a PC (which is why it is ready to go the instant you turn it on - no bootup). The reason why your device is resetting goes back to the fact that it really doesn't turn off. If you let the batteries die, you lose your data. And then you get the dreaded hard reset. Also, try not to let your batteries run down, you may damage them (keep the device "topped off")

Steve

legatolemans
07-02-2004, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the quick reply Steve.
I will try to keep batteries topped off.

Also, does anyone have suggestions for cheap (free) backup utilities, so i can save configuration settings in case of hard reset?

Fishie
07-02-2004, 08:31 PM

Also, does anyone have suggestions for cheap (free) backup utilities, so i can save configuration settings in case of hard reset?

Urm didnt it come with one?
It should have one in ROM you know.

Pat Logsdon
07-02-2004, 08:40 PM

Urm didnt it come with one?
It should have one in ROM you know.
Yup - it's called iPAQ Backup, and you should be able to access it by tapping "Start", and then "Programs". For best results, you should save the backup to a storage card. The backup shouldn't be more than ~30 mb, probably significantly less if you don't have much data.

Pony99CA
07-03-2004, 03:53 AM
If you don't have a storage card to use with iPAQ Backup, ActiveSync will back your iPAQ up to your PC.

Steve