View Full Version : Would this be a fair trade? i700 for i600?

gai-jin
07-02-2004, 04:22 AM
I'm considering offering my current PPC for trade. I'm thinking of trading my used (and *slightly* dinged) i700 for a new or used i600 for vzw. Is this a reasonable trade offer? And what would I be losing by trading from the ppc phone to a smartphone?

My major uses are calander, contacts, ewallet, and email. I rarely input data from the phone, but that's not to say never.

Also, I don't plan to stay with vzw forever... I work for SBC, and am waiting for the Cingular/ATT buyout to finish, so that I can finally get cingular in my area. once that happens, I'll jump ship and pay my etf so I can go to cingular service. (and wider phone selection)

Any thoughts?

Gai-jin

gai-jin
07-02-2004, 04:27 AM
Other possible options, though less likely:

Switch to Att now and get my employee discount after the buyout goes thru. This would mean buying the motorola smartphone, or a bluetooth enabled phone and a bluetooth pda. (4100 probably, or wait for the asus everyone seems to be so hyped up about)

Gai-jin

Janak Parekh
07-02-2004, 05:37 AM
I'm thinking of switching to an i600 myself, so I only have one Pocket PC (right now I'm carrying the i700 and the e805). Take a look at the Samsung forum at Smartphone Thoughts (www.smartphonethoughts.com) and see what people think about it -- you might find the feedback useful.

As for switching away from Verizon, the key is to make sure Cingular has the coverage you need. In my case, it doesn't make sense to give up 1xRTT and the fantastic Verizon coverage in the greater NY area... but your mileage may vary. :)

--janak