View Full Version : Screen Protectors for X30?

cdcooker
07-01-2004, 08:51 PM
Which one is the best for X30? And which one I should absolutely avoid?

Is screen protector something like a must have accessory? Dell has one yr advance exchange warranty for their X30. Does it include scratch LCD screen?

Thanks

Oreocat
07-02-2004, 03:27 AM
I think a screen protector is invaluable. To me, it's much better to pay $20 or $30 dollars for a couple of protectors than have to deal with a scratched screen, even with a replacement plan. (If the plan will replace that, I'm not sure). I managed to put a really good scratch into my protector (after a year of use!), and until I got it changed out, it seemed as if every move I made with my stylus hit that one spot *every* single time! Extremely annoying.

There are several good ones available, but I much prefer the BoxWaves.

I originally used WriteShields, but when I went to get some for my new Asus, not only did they not have any for my model, I found the price was the same, but you only get two protectors compared to the original three (due to customer request, mind you ::rolls eyes::)

Since I'm not stupid, and I didn't feel like getting less for my money, I did some research, and found several good reviews of the BoxWaves.

I ordered some, and am extremely glad I did. They fit the screen *exact* unlike the Writeshields, are very tough, are almost perfectly clear so no distortion of the screen, and are washable.

They can be found at http://www.boxwave.com/index.htm and they *do* have the X30 listed :)

Brad Adrian
07-02-2004, 04:06 AM
I'm still sold on the WriteShields. Even though touchscreens are more scratch resistant than those on the earlier Pocket PCs, I still keep a protector in place at all times.