View Full Version : 2215 battery causing device to reset!!!

hawkeye
07-01-2004, 12:58 PM
Anybody had a problem with the 2215 backup battery not doing it's job? I have lost all data and programs on my 2215 4 times since I got the ipaq on Father's Day.

This has happened when I...

1. removed the main battery
2. just removed the battery cover
3. dropped the ipaq about 2-3 feet

The backup battery shows fully charged but it's only maintained power once when I needed it too.

I'm getting sick or reinstalling software, copying data back over, and setting up the device the way I like it.....

Any Thoughts.......

milkman dan
07-01-2004, 02:41 PM
3. dropped the ipaq about 2-3 feet

:cry:

From what I hear the 2215's don't have a backup battery, but I can remove the battery without it hard resetting so I don't know whats up with that. Sounds like you have a defective unit, you should bring it back! just don't mention the 3 foot drop!

Robb Bates
07-01-2004, 06:24 PM
They do have backup batteries. They are just built in.

One problem could be that your battery door doesn't have the little rubber piece near the battery connnections. I guess people were having the same problem. The battery wasn't a perfect fit inside the PPC and would wiggle around and cause resets. If you call HP Support and ask for the plastics replacement kit, you'll get two side grips, a CF dummy card, and battery door and a little stick on piece of rubber. The rubber piece should go on the inside of the door.

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/media/users/13188/Picture(13).jpg

This will keep the battery from moving and disconnecting.

Hope this solve the problem.

Robb