View Full Version : i-mate pocket pc v blackberry

mjball
07-01-2004, 03:45 AM
I need to purchase 4 i-mates or blackberries for work. I am absolutely stuck on which ones to get. We have our own server and cost isn't really an issue....

We mostly need it for emails and microsoft attachments which both are capable of doing...

At the moment I am thinking that the i-mate pocket pc is far more advanced however the problem I do have is that unlike the blackberry, it isn't directly sync (ie need to press get/send to see if there are new emails)....

Ahhhh what to do...HELP!!! :)

freitasm
07-01-2004, 03:52 AM
Not so fast... If you have your own Exchange 2003 server, you can use the always up-to-date feature. In summary the server will send a SMS to the Pocket PC device (must be a connected one, like the Phone Edition or Smartphone) when a new item arrives and the device will start an ActiveSync - without any intervention. It's really like the Blackberry, with an always on e-mail.

I've posted an article on keeping e-mail always on, and you can have this feature if using MS Exchange 2003, Intellisync or Smartner Duality. Have a look at http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=2898