View Full Version : Got my Tosh Sena Case!

Kevin C. Tofel
06-30-2004, 11:58 PM
I preordered my Sena Case for the Toshiba e805 and it was well worth the wait!!!! The pre-order even saved me 25%!!! I can't post pics right now.....soon to be ex-wife had the digital camera on her "list". :?

If anyone has specific questions, however: fire away!!! I owned a Sena for my Axim prior and was very happy. This unit is two tone....I got the blue on black. Unlike the OJ Simpson trial, this fits like a glove. Sena claims that you can cradle synch with the case on, but I can't try that until work tomorrow....will try and then post. It appears that Sena reduced the thickness of the standard leather near the bottom inch of the case (i.e.: around the DPAD and below), so I expect that they are making an accurate statement.

The unit has a magnetic piece built in for a simple closure....the magnet appears to be within the leather just above the DPAD. The cover provides good protection and is just rigid enough for anyone who thinks a metal based cover is too hard. Inside the cover are 2 SD slots and two additional ID sized card slots. You can fit 2 cards into one slot in a pinch....good if you carry a few ID \ credit cards.

The case gives you easy cutout access on the sides to:
Headphone jack
Record button (which I strategically have mapped to go to Landscape mode! :twisted: )
Scroll wheel
Hold button
IR port
Reset hole

Sena also did a great job in providing cutout access on the bottom for cradle synching, the power input and even the WiFi radio switch! The best part of all: they were smart enough NOT to provide access to what I think is the biggest faux pas from the Toshiba design team: they cover up the rubberized access to the main power switch on the bottom. This is the switch right next to (and looking like) the WiFi switch....it's way to easy to mix the two up!

Before anyone asks: I don't believe this case will handle the extended battery....perhaps this is something they are working on.

Overall: outstanding quality and fashionable enough for folks to ask what you have "under the hood".....a great unit to protect your valuable Toshiba!!!! Thanks Sena!!! :D

KCT

Lotto
07-03-2004, 02:15 AM
I also received my Sena preordered case.

Having only previously owned a Vaja case for my Casio E-115, I have little to compare it to but the best.

I was impressed with the Sena case considering the huge price difference from the Vaja. It does fit very well, and looks great. I really wanted the magnetic closure case, which isn't presently available by Vaja.

I also agree covering the hard reset button is excellent design, and if you do need access to the switch it's as simple as flipping up a small flap, you don't have to remove the pda from the case. All buttons and cards, and infrared is easily accessible.

The only thing I feel is lacking is the corner protection. The cutouts are there so you can sync in the cradle. You do have to move the plastic support piece back to the back slot to accommodate the case.

The case itself doesn't offer the slight padded feeling of the Vaja cases. While it is sleek, it's protection quality isn't quite as good if it was to fall on the ground.

All in all I am pleased with the case.

Kevin C. Tofel
07-03-2004, 10:51 PM
You do have to move the plastic support piece back to the back slot to accommodate the case.

Have you tried with the plastic in the first slot? I never even thought to move the plastic back....I'm using it in the first slot with my Sena...

KCT

Lotto
07-05-2004, 04:38 AM
Yes, I tried it, and just tried it again. There is not enough room on mine to sync with the Sena case on unless you move the plastic support into the cradle's back slot.

Kevin C. Tofel
07-05-2004, 10:13 AM
Hmm.....let me double check when I get in to work tomorrow....I'm almost certain that my plastic support piece is in the "standard battery" slot up front....

Maybe some WD-40 will do the trick?? :wink:

Is anyone else using the Sena with their e80x and if so, can you use it with the plastic support cradle piece up front?

KCT

Kevin C. Tofel
07-06-2004, 06:12 PM
OK....now that I'm at work with the cradle, I've taken a look. The unit within the case does fit with the plastic support piece in the front slot, but it is a little tight. I moved the plastic to the back slot, which is normally used for the extended battery configuration....it does sit there much nicer....thanks for the suggestion!

KCT

Lotto
07-06-2004, 10:44 PM
Glad I could help. I felt the force necessary to get it in the cradle with the plastic support in the standard slot may result in cracks in the Tosh's blue casing. I didn't want to risk that.