View Full Version : hp6340 - specs :)

Rudolf
06-30-2004, 08:02 PM
HP iPAQ Pocket PC h6340

Product Description:
Ultimate messaging tool, for uninterrupted productivity and communication anytime, anywhere. The first and smallest handheld with integrated 3-way wireless capabilities (GSM/GPRS, WLAN and Bluetooth) for your data and voice communication one global device that supports communication around the globe. The HP iPAQ Pocket PC h6340 is a Microsoft Windows Powered Pocket PC one global device for all your mobile communication needs. The h6340 is the first and smallest handheld with integrated 3-way wireless capabilities (GSM/GPRS, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth wireless technology) to give you high-speed wireless voice and data connectivity at home, at work and on the go (1,2,3)

Key Selling Point:
- Access global voice and data wireless networks
Provides the broadest range of high-speed wireless connectivity to access the Internet, e-mail, text messaging, in addition to making wireless phone calls.
The HP h6340 provides the broadest range of high-speed wireless connectivity to access the Internet, e-mail, text messaging, in addition to making wireless phone calls (2,3). Respond to your customers rapidly, effectively and continually by connecting to GPRS networks which offer "always-on" access to Internet-based content and data services world-wide (3). This versatile Pocket PC enables you to send and receive messages through SMS, for text, and MMS for messages that combine text, sounds, images and video.

- Integrated Wi-Fi 802.11b
Integrated Wi-Fi maximise productivity by enabling high-speed wireless access to the Internet, e-mail, and corporate data solutions.
With integrated Wi-Fi, the HP h6340 can maximise productivity by enabling high-speed wireless access to the Internet, e-mail, and corporate data solutions (1). This powerful messaging tool means you can work more efficiently with clients and colleagues by creating personal networks with other WLAN-enabled devices for collaboration and information sharing (4).

- Integrated Bluetooth wireless technology
Bluetooth enabled for simplified data synchronisation, file sharing and printing between personal devices and peripherals simply print your pictures, e-mail and documents from any Bluetooth equipped printer.
The Bluetooth enabled HP h6340 simplifies data synchronisation, file sharing and printing between personal devices and peripherals simply print your pictures, e-mail and documents from any Bluetooth equipped printer. Connect your h6340 to a Bluetooth GPS navigation system (sold separately) to get turn-by-turn directions to any address nationwide.

- Respond to your customers rapidly, effectively and continually by connecting to GPRS networks which offer "always-on" access to Internet-based content and data services world-wide.
The HP h6340 is designed with a removable, snap-on thumb keyboard that allows you to compose e-mail, notes and instant messages with ease. The 3.5" transflective TFT 64K colour display provides a large, high quality, image size, and with integrated SDIO and MMC slots for increased performance and expandability the h6340 is equipped to meet the demands of every business user.

- Removable, snap-on thumb keyboard that allows you to easily compose e-mail, notes and instant messages.

- Integrated SDIO and MMC slots for increased performance and expandability.

- Send and receive messages through SMS, for text, and MMS for messages that combine text, sounds, images and video.

- Work more efficiently with clients and colleagues by creating personal networks with other WLAN-enabled devices for collaboration and information sharing.

- Connect to a Bluetooth GPS navigation system (sold separately) to get turn-by-turn directions to any address nationwide.

- Free software with your HP iPAQ Pocket PC, with over 200 titles, you can download some of the best software available completely FREE of charge - it's that simple. Please visit: www.hp.com/go/ipaqchoice

Processor Type: Texas Instruments OMAP 1510
Processor Speed: 168 Mhz

Dimensions, Metric description: 75 x 18.7 x 119 mm

Power Features description:
Battery - Removable/Rechargeable 1800 mAh Lithium-lon user swappable battery. Optional extended 3600 mAh Lithium-lon battery available for purchase; (Note: Battery run time varies based on the usage pattern of an individual user and the configuration of the handheld. Use of some internal wireless capabilities and backlight will significantly decrease battery run time)

Weight, Metric description: 190 g

What's in the box:
HP iPAQ Pocket PC h6300 unit, Desktop cradle/charger, Slim removable battery, Removable keyboard, AC Adapter, Wired ear bud headset, Carrying case, Stylus, Getting Started guide, and HP iPAQ Pocket PC Companion CD

I/O Port Description:
1 charging/communications port, 1 headset connector, IrDA and USB

Operating system software:
Microsoft Windows Mobilet 2003 software for Pocket PC - Phone Edition; Pocket versions of Microsoft software are included (Outlook, Word, Excel and Internet Explorer for Pocket PC)

Software Included:
Outlook 2002, Microsoft ActiveSync 3.7.1 (Desktop device ), Microsoft Reader eBooks, Links to Microsoft websites for additional downloadable applications (some programs may require purchase of additional desktop software to utilize Pocket PC versions), Windows Media Player 9 (MP3, audio and video streaming); iPAQ Backup: utility for Backup/Restore to Main Memory, Memory Card or iPAQ File Store; iPAQ File Store: non-volatile storage in flash ROM ; Utilities: Self Test, iPAQ Audio, Power Status

Included/Pre-installed Software description:
iPAQ Wireless: utility that simplifies the connection management of the three wireless features, HP Profiles: utility that allows the user to defines profiles for wireless connectivity, Bluetooth Manager, iPAQ File Store: non-volatile storage in flash ROM, iPAQ Backup: utility for Backup/Restore to Main Memory, Memory Card or iPAQ File Store, HP Image Capture: application to take digital photographs with the integrated camera (on some models), HP Image Zone for Pocket PC: view, edit images and create slide shows, HP Image Transfer: application to transfer digital photographs from the iPAQ to your personal computer, Utilities: Self Test, iPAQ Audio, Power Status

Wireless Technologies:
Integrated GSM/GPRS; Integrated WLAN 802.11b, Integrated Bluetooth wireless technology; IrDA (SID supported)

Wireless Technologies description:
Integrated quad band GSM/GPRS, Wi-Fi 802.11b, Bluetooth 1.1, IrDA; (Note: 1 A standard GSM/GPRS infrastructure, a standard wireless LAN infrastructure, other devices enabled with Bluetooth wireless technology, and a service contract with a wireless network airtime provider may be required for applicable wireless communication. GPRS Wireless Internet access requires a separately purchased service contract. Check with wireless network service providers for availability and coverage in your area. Not all web content available. 2 A wireless service contract is required for voice and data service. 3 Wireless access point required and is not included. Wireless Internet use requires separately purchased Internet service contract. 4 Wireless access point required and is not included. Availability of public wireless access points limited. Wireless Internet use requires separately purchased Internet service contract)

Operating system software:
Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 software for Pocket PC Phone Edition

Ergonomic Features:
4 programmable application launch buttons - defaults Inbox, Contacts, Voice Record and Camera buttons (on select SKUs); Rubber sides for a comfortable grip

Power Supply/Required:
AC Power - AC Input: 100~240 Vac, 50/60 Hz, AC Input current: 0.3 Aac max; Output Voltage: 5Vdc (typical), Output Current: 2A (typical)

Power Supply Type:
AC Input: 100~240 V, 50/60 Hz, AC Input current: 0.3 A max, Output Voltage: 5Vdc (typical), Output Current: 2A (typical)

Operating Temperature Range, Celsius: 0 to 40o C

Storage Temperature Range, Celsius: -20 to 60o C

Memory, Maximum: Up to 1GB with optional SD Card

Memory slots: SD Slot: SD, SDIO, and MMC support

Memory, Std: 64 MB SDRAM; 64 MB ROM

Internal Audio description:
Integrated microphone, receiver, speaker and one 3.5 mm stereo headphone jack, MP3 stereo (through audio jack and speaker)

Integrated camera description:
Optional 1.3MP Digital Camera accessory available for purchase

Display features description:
3.5-in diagonal, 240 x 320, 16-bit 64K colours transflective TFT color with LED backlight

Keyboard description:
Removable 26 alpha-numeric keys with 2 application buttons, and send/end buttons - (Included in the box)

Memory Type Description:
64-MB SDRAM, 64-MB Flash ROM Memory (55-MB user accessible); Up to 20-MB iPAQ File Store

Alarms:
Power Button: Charge and Notify indicators; Blinking green - notify; Blinking amber - charging; Solid amber - full charge
LED 1 GSM/GPRS: Blinking green LED - radio ON with signal; Blinking amber LED - radio ON without signal;
LED 2 - Bluetooth: Blinking blue LED - radio ON;
LED 3 - Wi-Fi: Blinking green LED - radio ON with signal; Blinking amber LED - radio ON without signal;
Phone Notification: Vibrate, Audible, Visible message on the display

Mouse/Pointing Device: Touch-sensitive display for stylus; 4 programmable application launch buttons

Video Resolutions Description: 240 x 320 (W x H)

Rudolf
06-30-2004, 08:03 PM
Interesting points:
- Processor Speed: 168 Mhz
- No flipcover included
- RAM (55-MB user accessible); Up to 20-MB iPAQ File Store

Derek
06-30-2004, 10:22 PM
Very interesting indeed, just 168 mhz, thats even slower then the 1910! I guess HP went crazy to save battery life :lol:

bbarker
06-30-2004, 10:45 PM
Very slow. :(

I think the Motorola MPx is slow as well. Maybe I'd be better off just upgrading my PPC and continuing to use my Bluetooth cell phone as a modem.

bbarker
06-30-2004, 10:48 PM
- Free software with your HP iPAQ Pocket PC, with over 200 titles, you can download some of the best software available completely FREE of charge - it's that simple. Please visit: www.hp.com/go/ipaqchoice
It doesn't list the United States as a choice. And what are the points it talks about?

Imageman
06-30-2004, 10:48 PM
where is RIM support! :(

Rudolf
07-01-2004, 09:18 AM
Very interesting indeed, just 168 mhz, thats even slower then the 1910! I guess HP went crazy to save battery life :lol:
Hmm. We still should not judge based on processor frequency. But I was also hoping for a more modern processor. OMAP 1510 is quite old. I was hoping for at leaset a 1610 or 1710... I'm still hoping...

You can check the TI processor family here:
http://focus.ti.com/omap/docs/omapgenpage.tsp?navigationId=11553&templateId=5663&path=templatedata/cm/omapproc/data/highperf
I guess the older processor is rather because the whole 63xx is based on the WANDA design which is using 1510, or maybe for cost reasons. But I would say newer (and faster) processors consume less power.

And do not forget about the 200MHz DSP coprocessor in the TI chip. It may not help for general applications, but it would be definietly helpful for video decoding.

We will see...

Rudolf
07-01-2004, 09:20 AM
It doesn't list the United States as a choice. And what are the points it talks about?
I guess it's for the rest of the world... Altough this definieltly seems a cheap source for sotware, even if you buy those points... I think with buying an iPAQ you will receive some points automatically that you can spend and of course you can buy those points too...

Rudolf
07-01-2004, 09:23 AM
Very slow. :(

I think the Motorola MPx is slow as well. Maybe I'd be better off just upgrading my PPC and continuing to use my Bluetooth cell phone as a modem.
I don't know anybody who has tested a prodiction quality MPX so we should not judge based on MHZ-s only...

Derek
07-01-2004, 10:38 AM
Free Choice Points are for Europe only I believe

milkman dan
07-01-2004, 02:54 PM
never judge a processor based on its frequency. I would take a PentiumPro 200 over a celeron 667 any day of the week. How about spark processors for that matter?

bbarker
07-01-2004, 11:24 PM
never judge a processor based on its frequency. I would take a PentiumPro 200 over a celeron 667 any day of the week. How about spark processors for that matter?
True. I've read that a 206 MHz StrongArm can be faster than some of the newer, 400 MHz chips.

Does anyone have information on the relative performance of the TI processor in the 6300 vs. other processors with a faster clock speed? All I've seen is that the TI is an older chip.

Eepo
07-03-2004, 10:28 AM
Bluetooth profiles (http://qualweb.bluetooth.org/Products2/ProductInfo.cfm?InfoProductID=1832) of HP IPAQ PDA 6300 series!

milkman dan
07-03-2004, 02:32 PM
if its an older chip thats probably a bad thing :( I am absollutly AMAZED that the Eden chip's haven't made their way into the PPC markey yet! They sport the lowest power consumption of any CPU to date (I am pretty sure), require no heatsink, and are the size of a dime! check this out!

http://www.via.com.tw/en/Products/eden_n.jsp

specifically, check out this mobo :D

http://www.via.com.tw/en/images/Products/eden/esp_nano-itx.jpg

Janak Parekh
07-03-2004, 05:30 PM
if its an older chip thats probably a bad thing :( I am absollutly AMAZED that the Eden chip's haven't made their way into the PPC markey yet! They sport the lowest power consumption of any CPU to date (I am pretty sure), require no heatsink, and are the size of a dime! check this out!
Wait a second, are you referring to the Eden that's an x86 clone? It most definitely has much higher power consumption than any ARM chip -- the x86 has a CISC (Complex Instruction Set) ISA, and as such is always going to be bigger/more heat-generating/more power drawing than any ARM, XScale or other RISC ISA-based chip.

--janak

Rudolf
07-05-2004, 08:09 PM
I agree with Janak, this chip eats around 4W @533MHz according to its specification. So the chip itself would run less than an hour on a 'standard 1000mAh (3.7V) pocketpc battery'....