View Full Version : Deleting email on 2210

abesrve
06-30-2004, 11:26 AM
Hi there,

I'm at a bit of a loss and thought someone here may be able to help me out. I have set up an email account for use primarily on my IPAQ 2210. This account won't be synced up with my desktop machine in any way. The account itself is no problem and I can send/receive without problem. However, the IPAQ does not delete my downloaded messages off the server, which I want it to do. Is there a setting I am missing somewhere to delete downloaded mails?

Thanks in advance.

marlof
06-30-2004, 12:52 PM
First of all: welcome to Pocket PC Thoughts.

Next: Inbox does not delete messages when it downloads them from your POP3 server. Still you can delete messages from the server with Inbox, which is ruled by Deleted Items. As soon as messages are removed from your Deleted Items folder, and you connect to the POP3 server again, they will be deleted from that server. In the settings of Inbox you can control when to empty your Deleted Items folder, manually or automatically. Set this to the way you like it, and you're done.

abesrve
06-30-2004, 01:21 PM
Thanks for that, it seems to work fine for me now.

abesrve
06-30-2004, 02:03 PM
OK, now I've got a slight problem (more of a nuisance, really). When the IPAQ is in the cradle I'd like it to automatically check for emails. When it is not in the cradle I just want it to check if I want it to. Can this be setup?