View Full Version : iPAQ H3970--->Help needed

shortpants
06-29-2004, 04:17 PM
Hi Guys,
I have a problem...let me explain

I was given a compaq iPaq 3970 running windows ce (2002). eveything worked (apart from the usual crash etc). last week i downloaded a flash rom update from a gunutella site (nk.mb0) and i manageed into update the flash...so far so good. i now have an ipaq 3970 with 2003 on it..but there is one small problem...i can start bluetooth (bt) ok. (the blue light on the top left does not go on this time as it use to) but it seems ok. when i start bt manager i get some crack pot message about insuffient driver memory....damm...any ideas what i should do...

ps i dont have the old cd to restore the flash rom back to 2002...?

tech stuff about my os
Pocket PV version 4.20.`081 (build 13100)

can anyone outthere please help. I have spoken to hp and there as much good as a choclet fireguard

regards
steven

Janak Parekh
06-29-2004, 05:23 PM
You're in a troublesome situation. It's entirely possible you got a prerelease 2003 ROM, and those were known to have broken Bluetooth implementations. :( You'll have to find a 2002 ROM, plus a flash tool to force it back. I don't have any "legitimate" links for that. :(

--janak

csewell
07-02-2004, 03:39 AM
Hi Steven

I have done the same, so would be grateful for a notification if you find anything. I will likewise notify you if I find a solution.

FYI, I solved the whole 'not enough resourses' error by installing the upgraded Widcomm bluetooth drivers over the top. This of course only installs them in RAM, not as part of the ROM, but it gives you the updated Bluetooth stack that the 54xx Ipaq's use.

The bluetooth system seemed to work well, BUT I now have an issue in that the Ipaq won't turn on after it has turned off. The only way I can start it is with a soft reset each time. (ie, none of the buttons will wake up the Ipaq once it has turned off).

Regards,
Chris

Chris