View Full Version : memory limitations ?

Jeff Song
06-28-2004, 01:29 AM
i was wondering what i could change in the registry to change when the OS decides that it doesn't have enough memory to operate all of the running programs. I get Low memory warnings when i have 10mb of free program memory and 7-9mb of stoorage memory left. I know my 4355 can keep operating, but sometimes it decides to close down programs. i normally have 25-30ish mb of memory available, but i like to multitask. does anyone know? thanks :)

Brad Adrian
06-28-2004, 05:05 AM
Hmmmmm. I'm not sure that there's a registry hack to do exactly what you want. Is there a special reason why you don't like programs to close down? I'm still enough "old school" to want the applications I'm no longer using to close down.

Kowalski
06-28-2004, 02:06 PM
it is known that if you have a little free ram left, the system stability tends to decrease.

Jeff Song
06-28-2004, 05:58 PM
well i will be browsing on pie while using AIM and wmp. i'll still have plenty of ram left but my ppc will try to shut down programs. i was just wondering if there was a certain setting that i could change for when the os decides that it will close down open programs. i am by no means a ppc newbie, i know how to do alot on these things. this is just a frustration that i can work around, but i was just looking for a quick fix. thanks for the replies

OSUKid7
06-28-2004, 06:39 PM
I'd recommend installing more programs on a storage card, or at least storing large files on a storage card.

Kati Compton
06-28-2004, 06:53 PM
I'd recommend installing more programs on a storage card, or at least storing large files on a storage card.
Yeah - I did this and it helped me. But I still have a game that doesn't like to be run if anything else is running.