View Full Version : Just sent my Zune in for repairs

priesmeyer
01-19-2007, 10:15 PM
Well, as part of the ongoing saga outlined here (http://forums.thoughtsmedia.com/showthread.php?t=573), I have just sent my Zune in for repairs. No matter what I did, the Zune software stopped seeing my Zune about 2 weeks ago. I got the empty box pretty quickly and dropped it off at the UPS Store over lunch.

What concerns me is the included instructions and in the email I got which say "if this is for warranty work, include proof of purchase date".

Well, I simply don't keep receipts lying around like that. But I ask you, are there ANY Zunes in existence today which have the warranty expired? I seriously don't remember what the warranty is, I'm assuming 90 days. I bought this device on launch day. Aren't all Zunes still under warranty?

Do you guys think I'll get the box returned to me (postage due as they've warned) unopened with a great big finger flipping me off?

bvtiger09
01-20-2007, 01:50 AM
Actually it says on the Zune website, that the warenty is one year: http://www.zune.net/en-us/support/resources/warranty.htm

Leasy
01-21-2007, 09:30 PM
How did you get microsoft to repair your zune without a receipt?

Microsoft is denying fixing my zune because i lost my receipt.

Jason Dunn
01-21-2007, 09:41 PM
Hmm. Well, it's pretty standard for warranty work to require a proof of purchase - how does Microsoft know the Zune isn't stolen? Sounds harsh, I know, but it's pretty standard for most of the tech industry to require a proof of purchase. If you have nothing at all - not a receipt, not a credit card slip - you may indeed be out of luck. :(

priesmeyer
01-22-2007, 05:22 PM
I'm going to keep my fingers crossed. Having said that, I've been imaging and living life without the Zune for about a week now. I miss a lot of the things I got from the Zune but at the same time, I'm not missing the whole fairuse4wm riggamarrow hoops to load it up.

So, I can't decide what I'm going to do when (and if) I get the device back fixed. I toyed with the idea of selling it (if anyone will have it) but at the same time I do like the device and have hopes of more openness through bios updates.

Having been a Zune owner for a while now and now going without though does open your eyes a little. I find myself reading these ongoing reviews and articles with a different point of view than before the technical failure that I've been going through.