View Full Version : T-MObile MDA II screen and stylus

Julia
06-24-2004, 12:26 PM
Hi, I recently dropped my T-Mobile MDA II in the sand and it stopped reacting on the stylus touch. What can it be? Has it happened to anyone of you? REgards.

Pony99CA
06-24-2004, 01:11 PM
I recently dropped my T-Mobile MDA II in the sand and it stopped reacting on the stylus touch. What can it be?
Possibly a grain of sand has gotten wedged between the screen and the bezel. I've noticed a similar problem at times with screen protectors the fit under the bezel.

To fix it, maybe slipping a piece of paper under the bezel and sliding it all the way around will dislodge any sand there.

Steve

Julia
06-24-2004, 02:10 PM
I recently dropped my T-Mobile MDA II in the sand and it stopped reacting on the stylus touch. What can it be?
Possibly a grain of sand has gotten wedged between the screen and the bezel. I've noticed a similar problem at times with screen protectors the fit under the bezel.

To fix it, maybe slipping a piece of paper under the bezel and sliding it all the way around will dislodge any sand there.

Steve

Thanks a lot, I'll try. In case I address to Guarantee Service Centre with this problem, do you think it can be treated as misuse?

Pony99CA
06-24-2004, 04:14 PM
In case I address to Guarantee Service Centre with this problem, do you think it can be treated as misuse?
You dropped the MDA, so of course it would be misuse. Of course, nothing says that you have to tell them that. ;-)

Steve

Julia
06-25-2004, 07:48 AM
In case I address to Guarantee Service Centre with this problem, do you think it can be treated as misuse?
You dropped the MDA, so of course it would be misuse. Of course, nothing says that you have to tell them that. ;-)

Steve

Yes, sure. But do you think this accident can be a death sentence for the device?

Pony99CA
06-25-2004, 11:05 AM
Yes, sure. But do you think this accident can be a death sentence for the device?
I doubt that dropping it in sand has done so much damage that it can't be fixed. It sounds like your Pocket PC is still working, but the touch screen isn't usable, right? Can you power the device on and off and still sync it? If so, back it up using ActiveSync if you haven't already.

Does your question mean that my suggestion about trying to dislodge any sand between the screen and the bezel didn't work?

Steve

Julia
06-25-2004, 11:19 AM
I doubt that dropping it in sand has done so much damage that it can't be fixed. It sounds like your Pocket PC is still working, but the touch screen isn't usable, right? Can you power the device on and off and still sync it? If so, back it up using ActiveSync if you haven't already.

Does your question mean that my suggestion about trying to dislodge any sand between the screen and the bezel didn't work?

Steve

No, it means that in fact it was my friend who dropped the device. He tried to turn it on and off and even made hard reset but there was no improvement. But you are right, other functions operate normally. I gave your advice to him but he decided to use Guarantee Service. They said it could be mended only in Germany and should take about 2 weeks with transfer. I just wonder how much it can cost in case they reveal this misuse. Thanks for sympathy.

sxt1173
06-28-2004, 12:03 AM
standard cost for a No fault found repair ( misues comes under this ) is £25 - about 40 euros / 45 US + the replacement parts if required and any extra labour. However - although the grain of sand sounds plausible, I would be more inclined to think that maybe a contact on the touch screen has broken as there is little way to get dirt between the screen and the touch section.

I am sure all will turn out fine. I would be surprised if it wasnt treated as a warranty repair.

urologyhealth
07-15-2004, 06:55 PM
Where can I find settings to setup my i-Mate XDAII for T-mobile? I previously was on ATT.

Thank you