View Full Version : Bluetooth Success

DiGiTYZED
06-23-2004, 08:25 PM
Has anyone had ANY type of success with ANY bluetooth card and ANY bluetooth headset???

ANY? Even if minor...

TIA

mara6
06-23-2004, 08:47 PM
Someone has gotton their BT Axim X30 to connect to a Jabra BT Headset. :lol:

DiGiTYZED
06-23-2004, 10:24 PM
any others with any type of success? specifically bluetooth CF cards (not devices with BT built-in)

Janak Parekh
06-24-2004, 02:11 AM
any others with any type of success? specifically bluetooth CF cards (not devices with BT built-in)
Not that I've heard of, because no one has developed a way to route the audio through the CF slot. :(

--janak

DiGiTYZED
06-24-2004, 04:01 PM
what about the tv tuner cf card? that has audio coming into the cf slot right?

also what about the fact i could use my BT CF card in the cf to pc card adapter and pair a headset with my desktop/laptop? that then has audio going thru BT

Janak Parekh
06-24-2004, 04:41 PM
what about the tv tuner cf card? that has audio coming into the cf slot right?
It has a separate audio out (see here (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/articles.php?action=expand,27353&start=1)).

also what about the fact i could use my BT CF card in the cf to pc card adapter and pair a headset with my desktop/laptop? that then has audio going thru BT
Right - I think what must be happening here is that there is a separate driver to produce audio through the BT card, i.e., a virtual audio adapter. Someone would have to see if a similar driver trick can be done on Pocket PCs. To my knowledge, no one has figured out how to do this yet. I guess it's theoretically possible that no one has gotten around to it... but you'd think someone would have if they could, right?

--janak

rzanology
06-24-2004, 06:26 PM
well...i did the hack and it got them paired and everything. In the connection mamager i'd even see it saying connected and active. But i still couldn't hear a damn thing!

DiGiTYZED
06-24-2004, 09:56 PM
well...i did the hack and it got them paired and everything. In the connection mamager i'd even see it saying connected and active. But i still couldn't hear a damn thing!

but u'r using ur built-in BT, which i know has some functionality. (R. Bates said he got audio, but it sounded like a radio playing in the distance)

anywayz, i can't believe there's no cf card that allows audio via the cf slot. i mean, come on, there's not even a way to connect a wireless headset to your pda!?!?! am i the only one who thinks that should be standard?