View Full Version : ipaq 5450 shut down

Thompc
06-23-2004, 03:08 AM
Hi all, I have recently been given a 5450 which I have enjoyed very much. I have had a problem with shut down though. The first time was just the battery running out and I lost all my settings. I think I've sorted that one out.
Yesterday the battery ran out again but when I went to recharge it nothing worked. I think I saw a flash of backlight when I plugged the charger in but it won't take a charge and I can't get it to start.
Any Thoughts?

Janak Parekh
06-23-2004, 04:32 AM
Try removing the battery for a few seconds and then reseating it, and then trying a recharge. You can also try a soft-reset. Note, removing the battery might trigger a hard-reset (or it may have happened already)... I hope you've synced the unit recently!

As for the battery draining down in the first place, if it happens again, give us some more detail under what circumstances that's happening and we might be able to give you assistance. (What OS are you running, BTW?)

--janak

Thompc
06-23-2004, 04:59 AM
Thanks Janak, I've tried the battery removal with no success. I don't have the manual. I noted the hard reset on another topic. How do I soft reset?
Re. Battery it was just normal run down over a few days. I didn't recharge in time.
Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thompc
06-23-2004, 06:38 AM
I've been able to get the device restarted and restored from backup. I found some other discussion on battery problems and left it out for about 20 min. This worked. I still don't know how to soft reset but will soldier on.

Jereboam
06-23-2004, 01:43 PM
Soft reset by pushing the stylus tip gently into the hole, bottom right of the unit.

I would highly recommend doing all the ROM updates if your donor or you haven't already, plus the other fixes, but read the instructions on HP's support site carefully.

The 5450 is a super device despite a few glitches. Mine is still in heavy use....waiting for the first VGA iPaq before I upgrade.

J'bm