View Full Version : SplashID for PPC is out

PPCMD
06-22-2004, 05:36 PM
As a previous PalmOS user I really liked SplashID as my place to keep secure information. As a PPC user I found the crop of apps ok but not as easy to use as I would like. So after a year of waiting I finally was able to make the switch to SplashID for PPC.

Splashdata www.splashdata.com is working to have all of their apps up for all platforms: Palm, PPC, MS Smarthphone, P800/P900 & Series 60.

One great feature about their apps is the registration code works for the registered users on any of their OS platforms. I moved my codes from Palm to PPC and if I had the multiple personality thing going I could run Palm & PPC and run both version on their respective machines without issue.

If you want a siple interface that secures your data give them a try. Now the secure app comparison can be updated to include SplashID. :mrgreen:

http://www.splashdata.com/ppc/splashid/index.htm

Kati Compton
06-22-2004, 05:51 PM
Awesome! I love cross-platform development. :)

PPCMD
06-23-2004, 12:48 AM
Its one of the reason I really keep up with their software.

cambium
06-24-2004, 05:55 PM
I've been using the beta now for a few weeks and it is great. I've come across no bugs at all and the interface is very nice, familiar if you are a transposed PalmOS user. The desktop component is identical to the old one so there is no learning curve there. As PPCMD noted, if you have a current license for PalmOS it transfers to PPC - awesome, truly. I've met the developers at PSHUG (Puget Sound Handheld User Group) meeting and they are top notch. If you are considering an eWallet app, make sure and check out SplashID. (and, no, I don't work for them! :-)

cambium

drowe
06-24-2004, 06:16 PM
After moving from the Palm, that is one app I really missed. I was just checking their site the other day, saw they had a PPC version and my old code would work!!!! It went right on!

One other piece of software that is the same on Palm and PPC is HanDbase http://www.ddhsoftware.com . I think I "cross graded" for about $10. Not bad, but not as good as SplashData :)

Zack Mahdavi
06-25-2004, 02:51 AM
Splash Data has always made great Palm applications. I hope they'll introduce their entire product line for the Pocket PC. I am a big fan of the entire Splash Wallet suite.