View Full Version : Activesync Heeeeeelp!

wirelesscop
06-20-2004, 03:07 AM
Hey Everyone,

I am having the WORST time trying to get a connection between my HP 2215 and Dell Laptop using ActiveSync. I have been able to make successful connections countless times before. For some reason after doing a hard reset on the PPC and after using another piece of hardware that uses the serial port for programming, I haven't been able to get ActiveSync to DETECT my PPC. I have uninstalled and reinstalled ActiveSync and I still can't get it to detect the PPC. I also used the RESTORE WIZARD on Win XP to create a restore point and restored my computer to a few months ago and it still doesn't work. I just tried connecting the PPC to a Dell desktop and the same thing... It doesn't detect it. I don't hear that little "chime" that I used to when I plug the HP's USB cable into the USB port. However all my other USB devices connect with no problem. I wonder if it's the PPC. Does anyone have ANY ideas that can help me?

Thanks!

Janak Parekh
06-20-2004, 06:53 AM
1. Make sure there are no "failed" devices in Device Manager when you have the Pocket PC plugged in. You can also try to remove the iPAQ even if it's detected correctly.

2. Try it on a different machine as a debugging step.

--janak