View Full Version : Help! pda wont stay off!

phritosan
06-20-2004, 01:38 AM
My iPAQ has started coming on whenever it feels like it. I had it laying on my night stand, used it, turned it off, set it down, and then a couple of seconds later, the light came back on with the screen. and no, nothing touched it. often ill pull it out of my pocket and its on without the backlight. just now i had it sitting on the table next to me, and it beeped. i opened it up, and i had a low batter warning. it was fully charged this morning, and its at 30% now. and i didnt use it hardly at all today.

help?

-update edit-
turn it on to use it. turn it off. it comes back on, that fast. off, on, off.... on, off, on, off (again because it didnt work). finally had to turn off the backlight so the battery wouldnt die while i was at the movie.

reseting it doesnt work. reseting it repeatedly doesnt work. system cleanup doesnt work. settings are all correct, nothing is told to be syncing or notifying me of anything

Janak Parekh
06-20-2004, 06:55 AM
Not sure this is it, but go into ActiveSync's settings on the Pocket PC and make sure it's not set to sync on any schedule (that is, under the PC tab, uncheck Use mobile schedule, and under Mobile Schedule, make sure everything is set to Manually).

--janak