View Full Version : Connecting Ipaq3900 with Sandisk WiFi to Linksys router to DSL

TomH
06-19-2004, 01:06 AM
Help. My Linksys (802.11g and 802.11b) is plugged into my BellSouth DSL and my wired desktop and wireless laptop work great. I've installed a WiFi 802.11b SanDisk inot my iPaq and it cannot find the router. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. -Tom

Janak Parekh
06-19-2004, 04:17 AM
What do you mean that it can't "find" it? Does it see the router at all? Or does it not get an IP? Also, make sure the router is set to "mixed" mode... for debugging, you might want to try "b-only mode" if that's an option, and disable WEP and turn SSID broadcast on for temporary.

Have you ever got the Sandisk card to work, BTW? Elsewhere, possibly? Make sure you're using the latest driver...

--janak

TomH
06-19-2004, 02:24 PM
The light blinks on the SanDisk, but there is no signal strength when I open the link page. Signal is zero and there is no IP address. I have the router switched to dual mode - SSID is on. Thoughts?

Janak Parekh
06-19-2004, 07:24 PM
The light blinks on the SanDisk, but there is no signal strength when I open the link page. Signal is zero and there is no IP address. I have the router switched to dual mode - SSID is on. Thoughts?
If the light isn't "steady", then it hasn't found the base station -- it's not an activity light, but rather a "found" light.

Try switching the router into "b-only" mode. Also, make sure the SSID is programmed exactly as it should be into the Pocket PC. (The process for this differs between Pocket PC 2002 and WM2003.) Finally, if you have a friend nearby with wireless, you might want to try it there for debugging purposes.

--janak

OSUKid7
06-19-2004, 07:37 PM
What type of card is it? SD, CF, or PC card? If it's an SD card (SDIO), does the 3900 series support it? I know the 3800 series doesn't, but can't remember for the 3900.

Janak Parekh
06-19-2004, 07:48 PM
What type of card is it? SD, CF, or PC card? If it's an SD card (SDIO), does the 3900 series support it? I know the 3800 series doesn't, but can't remember for the 3900.
Ooh, good point. I should have thought of that... :oops:

The iPAQ 3900 does support the Sandisk SDIO card, but only with an updated ROM. The Sandisk CF card should work right out of the box, and it's also worth pointing out its LED indicator may work differently than the SDIO card's.

--janak