View Full Version : Spb Finance Quick edition -- HELP

doughboy
06-17-2004, 06:41 PM
Has anyone successfully synced Quicken 2004 and Spb Finance Quick edition? If so, would you please advise any problems encountered.

I upgraded to Quicken 2004 from Quicken 2000 to avoid spending $40 on Pocket Quicken but continually receive a fatal error in kernal32.dll, which crashes my computer.

I have contacted Spb Software House, reviewed Quicken's support website, and cannot determine a solution.

I am running Win98SE with anti-virus and firewall software. I have tried disabling the firewall software during Spb Finance installation & un- and reinstalling Spb Fin. and Quicken 2004 to no avail.

Your feedback is appreciated.

drowe
06-18-2004, 12:56 AM
The good news is that they work very well together. The bad news is that I'm doing it on XP Pro so I can't duplicate what's happening. The kernl32 error is a main component of the OS. I would suggest applying the latest Service Pack on your PC, they always re-write kernel32.exe and it may be that your problem is a corrupted file.

doughboy
06-19-2004, 10:15 PM
Drowe,
Thanks for the tip! However, I already have the most recent Service Pack. I updated a couple of items I thought might help. No success. I am just going to bite the bullet and purchase Pocket Quicken. I hope I never pay $40 for another piece of software for my iPAQ again.