View Full Version : :::School Project:::Voice Control for X10 using Socket on O2 XDA:::

casilan
06-17-2004, 08:38 AM
If someone can drop me some info here please, I will be very grateful to the help you have given me.

OSUKid7
06-17-2004, 12:33 PM
That's a school project? I hope you're in college. That sounds like a professional job to me...doubt you'll get much help. :|

Sven Johannsen
06-17-2004, 03:55 PM
Well, there are a couple of things obvious to me, so hopefully they are obvious to you.

One, you need the SDK for PPCs and Visual Studio or the Embedded Visual tools kit. I'm not even sure of the speech bits are in there, though.

You need the X-10 command structure which is pretty easy to find I would think.

Are you doing this to be wireless? I'd look at using a PC as the actual interface and just having the PPC direct it to send commands.

There is a newsgroup on msnews.microsoft.com, microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer (IIRC) that has folks that can help a lot. At least in locating the tools.

Jon Westfall
06-17-2004, 07:03 PM
Here is the setup as I see it:

1. Unix/Linux box running SSH, BlueLava CGI script, and Heyu command line program to connect to the CM11A x10 serial controller.
2. MS Voice command on PPC, as well as a SSH client that supports macros.

Write a macro that opens a connection to your *nix box and runs a command such as "heyu turn a11 on" and then closes the connection. Map that macro to a start menu item, and use MS VC to launch it.

I'm setting up x10 stuff now, so if you have questions, feel free to email me.

Jon.

casilan
06-18-2004, 06:24 AM
I have all the tools provided by the school, like a voice recognition program like Infotalk, the embedded visual tools, visual studios and the X10 hardware. :D

:!: The problem with it is that i know nothing much on programming and i was told to use socket programming to link the PPC to a PC which is acting as a server then control the X10 wih it. :!:

:!: The PPC need to use InfoTalk as a voice recognition software. :!:

I really hope to hear some Info from those Experts out there, which might be able to drop me some info/hint/advice. :cry:

needhelp
07-27-2004, 07:05 AM
i am selling this programming for only USD$80.. msg me if u interested