View Full Version : Windows Media Player will not start...

wbgordy
06-17-2004, 03:21 AM
Whenever I tap on the windows media player icon, it will try to start up, but nothing opens. Please help!

Jorgen
06-17-2004, 06:09 AM
Have you tried to do a soft reset? (you are not saying which Pocket-PC you have, but there is a reset button somethere on the back or side).

You should not lose any information but it is of course safer to backup everything first.

If this does not help, write again and tell which Pocket-PC you have.

Jorgen

campusminister
06-17-2004, 04:09 PM
A few months ago, it just developed on my device as well. I have a 3850 ipaq.
I tried several different things such as the welcome.exe in the windows folder that resets pIE, several soft resets, re-installing media player (!), and I don't remember what all else. I asked in several forums, but received only a few replies, none helped solved the problem.

Finally, I had to do a hard re-set. I hope it doesn't come to that for you.

If anybody has any clue, help us out! If it ever happens again, I would like to know what to do.

Steven Cedrone
06-17-2004, 05:51 PM
The only question I can think of that might help (don't know what kind of device you have) to ask is: have you recently changed the skin your player uses? In the past, if you changed the skin, then removed the skin, you would see this type of behavior...

Just a thought...

Steve

wbgordy
06-17-2004, 10:27 PM
Thx everyone for their suggestions. Soft resetting does nothing. I have not changed skins either (in fact I have not use Media Player in a long time). FYI I have a Jornada 568. Thx of any help.